TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20

bleeding after period? - November 21st 2017, 08:12 PM

so on the 15th, last wednesday, my partner didn't know if he pulled out good enough and he said there's a thing where birth control pills can act as emergency contraception. i'm not on the pill anymore, the side effects were too negative for me, but i still have a years worth supply of two different types of BC. i googled the EC thing and it turns out one of the types of pills i have,[Edited], can be used as EC.
it said take [Ed
ited] for the first dose and [edited]. so I took the first dose not even an hour after we had sex, and obviously the second dose twelve hours later.

i use an app to track my period, and it says this week i should be ovulating. but for the past few days i've had heavy discharge accompanied by a strong abnormal smell. last night i noticed the discharge was light pink, and today it went from brown blood to red blood discharge. it looks like period blood, but i still have over two weeks until my next period is supposed to start.
google says that the bleeding usually comes with ovulation, but it's just concerning me because this has never happened with ovulation before. the amount of blood coming out is acting just like a period.

the only period symptom that has really shown up was a breakout of acne yesterday. i just don't know what to think..? should i see a doctor or is it probably fine? logically i'm thinking it's just because of the pills, but of course i'm afraid it could be something much more serious.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

Last edited by DeletedAccount69; November 21st 2017 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Removing unsafe medication information which goes against the TOS
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: bleeding after period? - November 21st 2017, 11:17 PM

Emergency contraceptive is known for causing issues with periods. You are taking so much of the hormone that it's natural for people to have a weird period for a while after doing that.

However, since you used something that was not prescribed to be used as emergency contraceptive, I would suggest that you call your gynecologist and talk to them. They might make you come in for an appointment but they should be able to let you know if what is going on is normal.

That being said, you should be really careful about taking medication and dosages that are not prescribed by the doctor. I know your doctor prescribed the medication to you but they did not intend for you to use it the way you did.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread