TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,050, Level: 26 Points: 34,050, Level: 26 Points: 34,050, Level: 26

HELP - September 18th 2021, 10:25 PM

[SIZE="a"][SIZE="a"]i have a problem ive been so horny lately all i want to do is play with my self. im missing out on things my friends do because of it. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size][/size]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,806, Level: 10 Points: 4,806, Level: 10 Points: 4,806, Level: 10

Re: HELP - September 18th 2021, 10:44 PM

Okay, just calm down. Missing your social life it's a problem. How it started? There should be something that caused this.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: HELP - September 18th 2021, 10:54 PM

Depending on your age, a heightened libido can be quite natural. However, if it affects your every day life, then it becomes a problem. When you feel the way you do, does it prevent you from doing basic functions like eat, drink, sleep, or other similar things?

Sometimes it's natural to choose masturbation over doing other activities. Perhaps it could be good to look into why you choose one over the other? Do you feel there is less value spent being with your friends as opposed to masturbation? Is there another issue that you feel is perhaps effecting you?
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: HELP - September 20th 2021, 08:35 AM

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out!

Like Rivière said, it's quite normal to be drawn to sexual arousal when you're young. However, I'd be concerned if it is affecting your day-to-day life.

As with everything, too much of anything is a bad thing. If you feel that masturbation is taking up too much of your time and energy, be assured that it is 100% possible to reduce your frequency of engaging in it. I know loads of people who have done so. Here are some ideas:

1. Set small goals for yourself. It's not easy to go cold turkey and completely stop masturbating all of a sudden. Plan on how you can masturbate less this week, and then the week, after, and so on. By keeping goals for yourself, it will be easier to overcome this habit. You can keep a journal to track your progress.

2. Engage yourself in other pursuits. Every time you feel the urge to masturbate, try to divert your attention to another hobby that you enjoy. It has to be something you really enjoy - or else you'll choose masturbation over that activity! For example, a good book is a useful distraction.

3. If it is beyond your control, I suggest meeting a reliable adult who can guide you. If you can meet your school counsellor, do that. They will be in a good position to help you.

Remember, anything is possible with effort. Sending you all my best wishes

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
brandonsmith87 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 284, Level: 2 Points: 284, Level: 2 Points: 284, Level: 2

Re: HELP - September 20th 2021, 10:29 AM

How old are you?
Closed Thread