TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
keybladeninja11 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,997, Level: 13 Points: 7,997, Level: 13 Points: 7,997, Level: 13

Question 2 negative preg tests and a late/missed period? - May 10th 2012, 04:06 AM

i have sex at least once a week with my fiancee and we always use condoms. None have broken or leaked...my period is usually during the last week of the month or the first 2 weeks of the new month....its the middle of the 2nd week so im worried, even though 2 home pregnancy tests say not pregnant. I know they can make mistakes, I'm going to be taking a 3rd preg test in a few days, but if it says 'not pregnant' again but i still haven't had my period yet. could something be wrong with my body? Should i go see a doctor soon?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Points: 16,645, Level: 18 Points: 16,645, Level: 18 Points: 16,645, Level: 18

Re: 2 negative preg tests and a late/missed period? - May 10th 2012, 04:40 AM

It could be a ton of things, stress, worry, or even something hormonal. If you still haven't had your your period at the end of this week, I'd make an appointment with the doctor and explain to them your symptoms

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: 2 negative preg tests and a late/missed period? - May 10th 2012, 05:38 AM

Anything could be going on with your period. As much as we'd like to think our periods are always on our side, that's another matter. Anything from stress, changing your diet or changing your exercise routine could cause your periods to come early, late or not at all.

Because the tests came back negative, I don't think you have anything to worry about in terms of pregnancy. However, if you'd like taking another test to ease your mind, maybe it would be a good idea. To have TWO negative pregnancy tests is almost unheard of. If the next test comes back negative, I'd make an appointment with your doctor to see what's going on.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Points: 18,923, Level: 19 Points: 18,923, Level: 19 Points: 18,923, Level: 19

Re: 2 negative preg tests and a late/missed period? - May 10th 2012, 11:21 AM

Pregnancy tests aren't always accurate, but I think in this situation it's VERY unlikely that you're pregnant. If you've been worrying about this, despite the fact you used condoms, it could be stress that's making your period late. Some pregnancy tests are most accurate at certain points in your cycle, such as a few days before your period is due. But once again I think it's quite unlikely that you're pregnant, and it's best to go and see a doctor to find out what else could be happening.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michy

Points: 9,390, Level: 14 Points: 9,390, Level: 14 Points: 9,390, Level: 14

Re: 2 negative preg tests and a late/missed period? - May 10th 2012, 12:30 PM

As above posters have said, there are many factors that can contribute to a late period. Also, your body is still growing to full maturity, so some missed or late periods can be normal, although it could also be POS (Polycyctsic Ovarian Syndrome) if you have other symptoms associated with your menstrual cycles.

Take another pregnancy test to be absolutely sure, then go to your doctor if you haven't had your period within the month.

Try not to fret, and you're doing the right thing in being safe by using protection

Michy. x

And I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became.

<3
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: 2 negative preg tests and a late/missed period? - May 10th 2012, 04:27 PM

Since you are positive the condoms have not leaked or broken and you have two negative tests, I would say you are not pregnant.

Your period could be missed or late due to a plethora of reasons. I would wait until next month and see if you get your period. If you do not, then you should consult a doctor to reassure you nothing is wrong.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: 2 negative preg tests and a late/missed period? - May 10th 2012, 10:12 PM

Well, if you just had sex like the week before the soonest point you'd expect you're period, it is very likely that, sure, you could of missed your period if the egg already implanted there, but that you're bodies hormones haven't caught up and started changing and the "baby growing processes" wouldn't be in full swing yet (thus causing a positive test and overall pregnancy symptoms). And sorry if "baby growing processes" isn't the most analytical sounding way to put it. But, even if it is to early to receive a positive test (which I don't see how that is all probable if you're body can be bothered to miss a period over it any how) like everyone else has been saying, you really don't seem to have a reason to worry to much quite yet over being pregnant, you have no other symptoms and negative tests to show for it, and you should probably just relax a teensy bit which may help it arrive. People can miss periods for a lot of reasons, like stress or with massive changes in diet and lifestyle, if it doesn't come and you proceed to go into the next window where you'd be expecting yet another period I would most certainly go see a doctor and just ask him/her to do a pap and/or pregnancy test or anything else to make sure your lady goods are healthy and baby free, some of those like a pap might not even be necessary if the doctor has a simpler answer that'll allow you to keep your pants on though but that's not really my point

Last edited by Always *; May 10th 2012 at 10:18 PM.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
keybladeninja11 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Re: 2 negative preg tests and a late/missed period? - May 11th 2012, 02:23 AM

thanks for all the advice guys...
though something happened today; i was at a friends house and she pointed out some blood on my skirt. i went to the bathroom to check and there was blood in my underwear...needless to say, i felt relieved and put on a pad. but later when i got home, i changed my pad and there was hardly any blood on it! I'm kinda scared now, i've been wearing a pad all evening but no more blood has come out. I know that an early symptom of pregnancy is no period or very little blood so I'm starting to get really nervous...I plan on taking a 3rd pregnancy test tomorow morning as soon as i wake up and I'm just really scared right now...
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: 2 negative preg tests and a late/missed period? - May 11th 2012, 10:10 AM

What your describing is called implantation bleeding, and if that were the case, it would have happened a while ago. However, you're still fairly young and your periods could still be a little crazy here and then, even if you thought they were regulated. Take the test tomorrow and see what happens.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: 2 negative preg tests and a late/missed period? - May 11th 2012, 03:40 PM

It sounds like it may be your period trying to start. But take another test in a week to reassure yourself and ease your mind.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michy

Points: 9,390, Level: 14 Points: 9,390, Level: 14 Points: 9,390, Level: 14

Re: 2 negative preg tests and a late/missed period? - May 11th 2012, 03:40 PM

'Spotting' or minimal period blood, could also be for a variety of reasons.

If you're worried and want accurate diagnosis/advice, i'd still suggest making an appointment with your doctor.

All the best! And try not to fret.

Michy. x

And I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became.

<3
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
keybladeninja11 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: 2 negative preg tests and a late/missed period? - May 18th 2012, 11:31 PM

thanks for all the help, guys! Turns out my period was just a week late...i started 3 days ago lol i'm pretty relieved...i don't want a baby for another 2 or 3 years since i'm still in college ^_^() though the spotting i had still confuses me, i suppose my body was undergoing some hormonal changes or something... ^_^()
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread