TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
apples.1996 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,029, Level: 13 Points: 8,029, Level: 13 Points: 8,029, Level: 13

Can I really be pregnant? - April 26th 2011, 06:06 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I got raped by my older brothers best friend Jason I have taken 7 pregnancy tests and they are all positive, but I'm only 11 I only just started my period, my brother won't be believe me and my dad thinks I wanted it, I'm so confused I don't know how to look after a baby. Please help me, I'm so confused. Jason has done about 5 times before, I have told Jason I'm pregnant and he's happy but I don't want him anywhere near me or my baby...
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
ChrisDiCarlo Offline
Metal Head
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chris

Points: 9,828, Level: 14 Points: 9,828, Level: 14 Points: 9,828, Level: 14

Re: Can I really be pregnant? - April 26th 2011, 06:42 PM

Wow! I can't believe a father wouldn't believe his 11 year old daughter! Taking a test 7 times and all being positive? And the fact that you have started your period? Im sorry to say but you may very well be pregnant. But do not worry, there are people who you can talk to. E.g. A Councilor. Does your school have a Councilor or somebody you can talk to about problems? Because they can be your best option. Also if you have been raped, I highly suggest talking to the police about this, especially if your pregnant at your age maybe calling them will be your best choice. Because they can keep Jason away from you.

I hope everything goes right for you.
Feel free to PM me!
Chris
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Can I really be pregnant? - April 26th 2011, 07:53 PM

I am very sorry to hear that you have had to go through such an ordeal. At age 11, this is going to stay with you for most of your life. After taking 7 pregnancy tests that have come up positive, it's say to say you are most likely pregnant. Since you've just begun to get your period, your body is telling you that you are physically ready to handle with bearing a child for 9 months. However, you do have options. I agree with Chris. What you need to do is seek advice from a counselor. They'll be able to help you further discuss what your best options are. And, secondly, tell a police officer about your brother's friend raping you. They can put him away for life. It's hard to believe that your brother and father have acted so wrongly about this, and you need someone to help you through this issue. Your right; at age 11, there is no way you'd be able to care for a baby without an adult's help. Your too young to get a job, a proper job, that will help you pay for everything that a baby needs. Babies are costly, and even with one income, if Jason were to have a job, it still wouldn't be enough.

You need to get help right away. If you need to talk, please private message me.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Guru Offline
Kindness is magic
Not a n00b

Name: Luke

Points: 8,672, Level: 13 Points: 8,672, Level: 13 Points: 8,672, Level: 13

Re: Can I really be pregnant? - April 26th 2011, 08:06 PM

If you feel safe enough about it, take a pregnancy test to your dad, to prove it. An 11 year old isn't going to fake it. And as suggested above, definitely call the police. They need to know. He could go to jail for this. Sexual assault on a minor. Raping an 11 year old is simply downright perverted in my opinion. If you need help PM me, or one of the others above.

Always happy to help.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Points: 20,518, Level: 20 Points: 20,518, Level: 20 Points: 20,518, Level: 20

Re: Can I really be pregnant? - April 26th 2011, 08:47 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry that you had to go through this at the age of 11. No one should have to but even more so if you are younger. This is something that you won't forget. Knowing that you have started your period it is a sign that you now have what is called ovulation periods. This releases eggs in to the body to be fertilized by sperm. You said that you took 7 tests? I would say that it is probably safe to say that you are pregnat. They do not usually lie that many times. I would speak with a trust adult, because both you and that baby are going to need prenatal care. Also speak with the cops and get the guy behind bars. If you need ANYTHING let me know. <3
Trish
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
apples.1996 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,029, Level: 13 Points: 8,029, Level: 13 Points: 8,029, Level: 13

Re: Can I really be pregnant? - April 27th 2011, 01:50 PM

I told a counsellor at school today, she called my dad in, we talked and dad says everythings gonna be okay that Jason can't hurt me anymore, he sed that I should get an abortion but I don't want one, I think abortions are cruel. He said its my desicion though.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Points: 20,518, Level: 20 Points: 20,518, Level: 20 Points: 20,518, Level: 20

Re: Can I really be pregnant? - April 27th 2011, 03:19 PM

Hey there <3

I am so proud of you for talking to the school counseler and letting them talk to your dad. It is great that he is now being supportive. I too do not believe in abortions, but in the end it really is up too you. I hope things are well for you. If you need anything let me know!
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Can I really be pregnant? - April 27th 2011, 04:02 PM

I agree. It's your body, and if abortion isn't something you think you couldn't do, then don't. There is, like I mentioned before, adoption. There are always options out there for you. I am so happy that you spoke to someone and your dad is now on your side. I hope things work for you.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while

Name: Nick (Or Nico)

Points: 14,618, Level: 17 Points: 14,618, Level: 17 Points: 14,618, Level: 17

Re: Can I really be pregnant? - April 27th 2011, 08:52 PM

This is an incredibly ugly situation. Being 11 and going through childbirth, that is a risky situation, both for you and the baby. An abortion seems like the best option, you have to think what will happen down the road rather than what will happen at this moment.

An abortion, as cruel as it may seem, will prevent many uneeded situations both for you and the child. If you or your family are unable to take care of the child and put it up for adoption, you never know who your child may get as a parent. If you decide to keep it and they get older and ask who their father is, do you really want to have to go through the emotional stress of telling your child they are a rapist's child? All that seems a lot more cruel than abortion to me.

The choice, however, is still your own. I hope everything turns out well.

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

GAY PRIDE!!!!!!
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Points: 18,923, Level: 19 Points: 18,923, Level: 19 Points: 18,923, Level: 19

Re: Can I really be pregnant? - April 27th 2011, 09:35 PM

Hey there,

I have to agree with Sythan to be honest. It is your decision 100% but I think it's only fair to warn you that going through pregnancy at such a young age is risky. Although your periods started, your body is probably nowhere near ready to bear a child. I can't stress enough that it's your choice and you should do what you are most comfortable with; however it should be an informed decision where you are aware of your options.

I am so glad you spoke to your dad and that he is helping you through all this. What Jason did was truly awful, but now that your dad is on your side you know you have support and you are not alone in this. Take care, and best of luck whatever you decide to do. <3

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Can I really be pregnant? - April 28th 2011, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythan View Post
An abortion, as cruel as it may seem, will prevent many uneeded situations both for you and the child. If you or your family are unable to take care of the child and put it up for adoption, you never know who your child may get as a parent. If you decide to keep it and they get older and ask who their father is, do you really want to have to go through the emotional stress of telling your child they are a rapist's child? All that seems a lot more cruel than abortion to me.
Adoption doesn't mean you just give you baby to an agency and they supply the family for you. You can choose the family, meet them and make sure that they're the right people to care for your child. Also, to even be considered to be adoptive parents, they have to go through extensive background checks as well, to make sure they have no criminal backgrounds, etc.

I do agree however that having a child at 11 can be risky. But, if she doesn't feel comfortable with having an abortion, and she wants to take the risk, we shouldn't as no one else should, push her in that direction.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Crimson_Craze Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Points: 8,746, Level: 13 Points: 8,746, Level: 13 Points: 8,746, Level: 13

Re: Can I really be pregnant? - April 28th 2011, 07:03 AM

Its a risky situation but its totally up to you, go talk to a perfessional and talk about the situation, talk about the risks of having the baby. Abortion isn't the only answer, I agree that it is cruel. And don't fret about when the baby gets older and asks who the daddy is, lots of kids grow up without a daddy and they turn out to be like normal kids. Alot of kids are conceived through rape and yet they are just fine. Its totally your decision its your baby don't let anyone make the decision for you, this is about how you feel about your baby!

Pm me if you wanna chat.
Closed Thread