TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

steps to getting a girlfriend? - July 20th 2012, 05:05 AM

hi, ive never had a girlfriend, and id really like to know how. i always make worthless schemes that never work, so i was wondering if you guys could put like a step by step process on how to do it. Im socially awkward and suck with girls, so help would be nice.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: steps to getting a girlfriend? - July 20th 2012, 05:32 AM

Step 1: Stop being socially awkward
Step 2: Stop sucking with girls
Step 3: Acquire relationship
Step 4: Type successful first date on TH
Step 5: ?????????
Step 6: Profit
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: steps to getting a girlfriend? - July 20th 2012, 06:47 AM

LOL to Brandon.
But in all seriousness, the best way to go about this in my opinion would be to first find a girl that you actually have feelings for. Then start by becoming friends and just get to know each other. Then once you've gotten closer you should talk to her and tell her how you feel and see if she would like to go on a date with you. If she says no, then you do your best to handle the rejection and start over with another girl. If she says yes, then go on a few dates and then ask her if she'd like to make it official.

Honestly there are no actual 'steps' to this, you just have to go with what's happening and do what feels right. Take things slow and don't stress yourself out about this, you'll get a girlfriend in time. You're still young and have lots of time for relationships- many people don't even start dating until they're in their 20's.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Starwarsgirl827 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Melissa

Points: 7,177, Level: 12 Points: 7,177, Level: 12 Points: 7,177, Level: 12

Re: steps to getting a girlfriend? - July 20th 2012, 07:32 AM

There isn't a book with a set of step you have to follow in order to get a girl to be interested in you. The most important thing is to find a girl you can connect with and have genuine feelings for. Don't be afraid to ask her out, you have nothig to lose. Remember, if you never ask, the answer is always no. And always remember to be yourself, don't make her fall for someone you're not. Good luck!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21

Re: steps to getting a girlfriend? - July 20th 2012, 08:37 AM

Look man, I've been around the block and into the alleys a few times so let me help you out here, you need to follow my directions exactly though.

You must initiate contact with the female entity. Now the female entity may or may not appreciate your approach, if she does you must immediately continue your dialogue regarding a topic of mutual interest. This is not the time to bring up your amazing stamp collection or your collection of finely stacked Magic the gathering cards. If the female does not reciprocate contact immediately move in a serpentine pattern to get away from the female, you might be surprised to find out that females cannot track a serpentine pattern, it is an evolved weakness through selective breeding.

Once the female has been engaged in audible verbatim for at least a minimum of five minutes you must begin telegraph contact, using the audible graph. Once the routing number has been acquired you must initiate contact between 48 and 72 hours later. If you are havin trouble acquiring her routing number, pay her compliments, it isn't relavent as to if you mean them, the female will take to any reasonable compliment like a psychiatrist to cocaine.

Once you have the routing number initiate a courtship, this is done by spending audacious amounts of capital on the female, if she finds your economic investment adequate you may be able to bed the woman. To do this you must take the female to a suitable location for bedding, a drawing room may be appropriate, or one's living quarters, that being the bed in which you lay for respite, and wear the intestines of a sheep around uour erect phallus to protect yourself from venereal diseases fitting of a prostitute.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Points: 22,262, Level: 21 Points: 22,262, Level: 21 Points: 22,262, Level: 21

Re: steps to getting a girlfriend? - July 20th 2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Look man, I've been around the block and into the alleys a few times so let me help you out here, you need to follow my directions exactly though.

You must initiate contact with the female entity. Now the female entity may or may not appreciate your approach, if she does you must immediately continue your dialogue regarding a topic of mutual interest. This is not the time to bring up your amazing stamp collection or your collection of finely stacked Magic the gathering cards. If the female does not reciprocate contact immediately move in a serpentine pattern to get away from the female, you might be surprised to find out that females cannot track a serpentine pattern, it is an evolved weakness through selective breeding.

Once the female has been engaged in audible verbatim for at least a minimum of five minutes you must begin telegraph contact, using the audible graph. Once the routing number has been acquired you must initiate contact between 48 and 72 hours later. If you are havin trouble acquiring her routing number, pay her compliments, it isn't relavent as to if you mean them, the female will take to any reasonable compliment like a psychiatrist to cocaine.

Once you have the routing number initiate a courtship, this is done by spending audacious amounts of capital on the female, if she finds your economic investment adequate you may be able to bed the woman. To do this you must take the female to a suitable location for bedding, a drawing room may be appropriate, or one's living quarters, that being the bed in which you lay for respite, and wear the intestines of a sheep around uour erect phallus to protect yourself from venereal diseases fitting of a prostitute.
Okay, just saying, this is genius.

But in all seriousness, the way to get a girl is this: First, find one you like. Second, find something to talk to her about, and talk to her about it (smile a lot, but don't treat her like she's gold, 'cause she won't like you if you seem desperate). Third, get to know her a bit more. Fourth, flirt with her, and if she flirts back, move onto step five, which is to ask her out. Either she says yes, or she says no.

Simple as that.

Now, getting over the social awkwardness: Just ignore the fact that she's a girl, and talk to her like she's just another one of the guys. Don't think of her as better than you, as an angel of goodness or a goddess of light, or you'll start panicking because you'll wonder: "How the hell am I going to impress her?" Someone on this site once said to remember that that beautiful, angelic girl you adore so much farts just the same as you do. The only downside to thinking that while you're talking to a girl is that you might end up laughing like an idiot.

And no, I'm not a dude, but seeing how us girls have a lot of experience in being 'dated' and dealing with socially awkward boys who like us, I think we're more than qualified to offer our advice.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20

Re: steps to getting a girlfriend? - July 20th 2012, 07:59 PM

hey there, i think the best way to start off to getting a girlfriend is having a really good, interesting conversation. When i mean interesting conversation, i mean like don't make it an awkward conversation where she might be like "well that was interesting...." hahaha, anyways, start by going up to her and giving her a compliment or do favors for her, or just be nice, like for example, when you see her around at school or somewhere, walk to class with her, open a door for her or stuff like that. By doing all these, she will think your a nice guy and might start liking you. Well thats all i have to say...Hope my advice helps out!! goodluck!
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
SnowDust Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tom Ebert

Points: 7,187, Level: 12 Points: 7,187, Level: 12 Points: 7,187, Level: 12

Re: steps to getting a girlfriend? - July 20th 2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Step 1: Stop being socially awkward
Step 2: Stop sucking with girls
Step 3: Acquire relationship
Step 4: Type successful first date on TH
Step 5: ?????????
Step 6: Profit
I could give you a few Internets for that one.

As for getting a girlfriend, well; from my experience, the first step is to get friends who are girls. Just start talking to as many girls as you can, without flirting or anything. Become decent friends with as many as possible, and at least one of them is bound to show some interest in you. If that happens, then you can return or not return the affection... And if it doesn't, then just give it more time and/or find some more friends. You're basically guaranteed profit.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Houseman Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Ryan (Alfred)

Points: 8,430, Level: 13 Points: 8,430, Level: 13 Points: 8,430, Level: 13

Re: steps to getting a girlfriend? - July 21st 2012, 06:03 AM

Everyone seems to have already told you to find someone, talk to her, blah blah, so I'm just gonna let you know that nothing in the world makes a girl like you more than having confidence in yourself. Really though, CONFIDENCE is like a super power at parties or at the lunch table.

Being confident means you are sure about yourself, and you know this girl wants to talk to you because you are awesome. Being confident is basically being cocky but without all the asshole BS. That's why partying and beer go well together, because being drunk makes you forget about how bad you are with girls and instills within you this feeling of luck and confidence that can only be described as a real life Felix Felicis.

"My heart is warm with friends I make,
And better friends I'll not be knowing;
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,
No matter where it's going."

- Edna St. Vincent Millay
Closed Thread