TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lyndycat20 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,268, Level: 11 Points: 6,268, Level: 11 Points: 6,268, Level: 11

How to tell my mom that my boyfriend and I are having sex. - August 13th 2013, 04:10 AM

About a month and a half ago my boyfriend of nearly 3 months and I decided to have sex for the first time. We both lost our virginities that day and we're already really close for many personal reasons. That day we had sex twice and 3 days after I left to visit my dad for a month and a half. The day we got back we had sex again, so we've only done it 3 times. For my birthday he bought me a promise ring and gave it to me in the most adorable way possible. I know he's serious about our relationship and really cares and genuinely wants to get married some day. The thing is my mom doesn't know we had sex or how serious our relationship is both emotionally and physically. I'm scared to tell her because I don't want her to flip shit. She's very unpredictable whenever you tell her something and I'm just worried instead of giving me birth control she'll try and break me and my boyfriend up. My boyfriend already said he would talk to her if he had to about it and explain to her that it was out of love and not lust but I'm still worried. Basically, how should I break the news to her and get her to understand without her freaking out?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: How to tell my mom that my boyfriend and I are having sex. - August 13th 2013, 05:16 AM

Is there a particular reason you want to tell her?

something burning?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
LiberallyBeautiful'97
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Imani

Points: 9,140, Level: 13 Points: 9,140, Level: 13 Points: 9,140, Level: 13

Re: How to tell my mom that my boyfriend and I are having sex. - August 13th 2013, 05:25 AM

I think you and your boyfriend should have a dinner with her and just simply tell her "Mom what I am about to tell you is important and before I tell you I want you to promise me to listen until we are done talking..." And then just Tell her. Do it s calmly as possible and try to be holding hands with your boyfriend and LOOK like you love him. I don't know if that helped any but i hope it did. Good Luck
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
lyndycat20 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How to tell my mom that my boyfriend and I are having sex. - August 13th 2013, 04:20 PM

I mostly want to tell her for the birth control since everyone in y family has kids at a young age. We're using protection but my boyfriend and I agree that the extra protection would be a good idea. So we would use condoms and birth control together.

And the idea about having dinner with her is good but due to having a little sister we couldn't really do that. But telling her to listen until I'm done telling her, saying its important, ect. may be a good idea. Thanks.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
lyndycat20 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How to tell my mom that my boyfriend and I are having sex. - August 13th 2013, 11:33 PM

I told my mom today. She didn't freak out. I'm really confused.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59

Re: How to tell my mom that my boyfriend and I are having sex. - August 15th 2013, 01:23 AM

It's really awesome that she didn't freak out, and you should be proud of yourself for telling her! Why are you confused about that? Maybe she's just happier that you are asking her now rather than risk getting pregnant later, and therefore she'd rather just accept it and get you the birth control?

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Doodle. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Ceilidh
Pronouns: Any/All

Points: 122,273, Level: 49 Points: 122,273, Level: 49 Points: 122,273, Level: 49

Re: How to tell my mom that my boyfriend and I are having sex. - August 15th 2013, 10:06 PM

It's a good thing she didn't freak out At least she's open minded about the whole thing. She's probably happy you actually trusted her enough to tell her and that you're using protection.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
Closed Thread