TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rusher89 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,848, Level: 12 Points: 6,848, Level: 12 Points: 6,848, Level: 12

Question Boyfriend Problems - August 22nd 2013, 05:29 PM

So I have this boyfriend and he's real nice and everything but I'm not sure if I should break up with him. We don't see each other much and he lives like 45 minutes away. I'm only fourteen so I can't drive yet and he is a yea you get than me. We don't really talk much any more. I have a texting app but he doesn't have an app or a cell to text with. So we can only talk by email or phone calls. But it's been about three to four weeks since we last talked. I only see him usually when I go to visit my dad cause my parents are divorced. And his parents are friends with my dad and his wife. I would still like to be friends at least. And to be honest I sometimes forget about him cause we don't really talk. He already started school and I'll be starting school too. I'm already busy as it is especially with fair coming up. And I kind of want to be single when I start high school and I think I got a crush on another guy but I'm not sure. I just don't know if I should break up with my boyfriend I don't think I really like him in the boyfriend way but more of a friend. So what should I do??
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Boyfriend Problems - August 22nd 2013, 05:38 PM

First and foremost, do what's right for you. If you feel you'd rather be single, then go ahead! In my personal opinion, if you don't see each other very much, if you don't talk much and you'd rather be single then I think the best thing to do would be to split. I say this because you'll both be holding each other back from being in a relationship that could make you both happier. You both deserve to have someone who you can both see frequently and one where you can both communicate with each other frequently too. Communication is the base of every relationship and without it, there's not much of a relationship involved. As you're starting school soon you might meet someone new, he may too and I think it would be unfair on both of you if you continued in a relationship where you barely see or talk with each other very often. Another thing is that you've stated that you don't really think you like him in the boyfriend way, does he feel the same way? If he thinks of you as something more and you only see him as friend material then I think it would be unfair on him to continue being with him as he'll be under the belief that you like him back. I think each of these reasons you've given provide yourself with your answer. Remember though that it's entirely up to you with how you choose to proceed.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
rusher89 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,848, Level: 12 Points: 6,848, Level: 12 Points: 6,848, Level: 12

Re: Boyfriend Problems - August 24th 2013, 05:58 PM

What should I say when I break up with him??? I've never broken up with a boyfriend before.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Boyfriend Problems - August 25th 2013, 08:02 PM

Just be honest with him and tell him everything that you told us. Let him know you don't think it's going to work out because of the distance and the fact that you two hardly ever talk. Let him know you'd like to be friends (but keep in mind you both have to be able to not see each other romantically for this to happen).
If you're very clear about why you're ending things then I'm sure he will be understanding of it.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: Boyfriend Problems - August 26th 2013, 12:45 AM

The OP has made a new thread here. Since it contains more up-to-date information, I am closing this older thread. Rusher89, you are welcome to PM me if you would like to have this thread reopened! =)

Closed Thread