TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,050, Level: 26 Points: 34,050, Level: 26 Points: 34,050, Level: 26

I'm probably overthinking this, but... - February 13th 2021, 03:28 AM

[SIZE="a"]Obviously Sunday is Valentine's Day. It's never been a super huge deal for me; it's just kind of cute and fun to celebrate when you have a partner. The last two or three Valentine's Days I haven't had a partner so I've really had no need to pay much attention to the holiday. However, in the past two weeks I have started seeing someone. I don't know if it's officially "dating" but there's physical intimacy involved, so in my mind that makes it more than friendship. Anyway, I just don't know if I should tell them "Happy Valentine's Day" on Sunday. On the one hand, I don't want to completely ignore it, and risk them thinking I'm not that interested in them. But on the other hand, I don't want to appear more invested than they are, and unfortunately it's too early, in my mind, to have conversations about where our "relationship" is going, as it's only been two or three dates. I want things to progress naturally and in the past my anxiety has tended to make me iron things out too early and it's been off-putting for past partners.

So what do I do? Do I wish them a Happy Valentine's Day or no?[/size]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: I'm probably overthinking this, but... - February 13th 2021, 03:20 PM

Hey

So I'm not the most knowledgable person when it comes to relationships and certainly not when it comes to Valentines day. But personally I don't see the harm in wishing someone a happy Valentines day at all. You're not showering them with gifts and declarations of love, it's just a sentiment, and it obviously comes from a good place. And if you say you'd prefer to acknowledge it rather than ignore it, maybe it would be nice.

The choice is entirely yours. I don't think there's a right or a wrong way to go about it. But people wish a happy valentines to their friends, family and partners. It's not only a romantic holiday for committed couples, so don't think too strongly into whether it will make you look too attached. Do whatever feels right for you and your relationship.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
Closed Thread