TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bethany Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,165, Level: 13 Points: 8,165, Level: 13 Points: 8,165, Level: 13

HOW TO MAKE A GUY WANT TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP AFTER 6 MONTHS OF DATING - April 19th 2011, 01:56 AM

After six months of dating, i would like to be in a committed relationship with this guy. But the problem is that he has told me several times that he is not ready for a relationship. So at this point im starting to feel like he is just taking me for a ride. Im confused because we do basically everything a couple does. We hangout, care for each other, he pampers me and treats me well. We have become really close and have a bond.. But its now confusing for me because we have bothe become attached to each other but he still hasnt mentioned that he has changed his mind about us being in a relationship. My big problem is the fact that whenever we have a dispute or misunderstand he always says "thats why ive always told you im not ready for a relationship" According to me,he is trying to use it to justify himself whenever he messes up and it annoys me. Ive been patient for six months and 2mrw i intend to find out if is now ready for a relationship and if not then we shud be strictly friends coz of fed up of acting like a couple yet its not official.. So how should i talk to him about it?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
CvcSly3 Offline
Heart Of Hearts
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Connor

Points: 8,700, Level: 13 Points: 8,700, Level: 13 Points: 8,700, Level: 13

Re: HOW TO MAKE A GUY WANT TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP AFTER 6 MONTHS OF DATING - April 19th 2011, 02:05 AM

Explain that you've reached a point where this will progress into a true relationship or just fade into at best a friendship. If he isn't ready it might be because he will not know how to handle it, but if he has treated you like you both are in a relationship, then maybe greater responsibilities are making him pushy. Hope this helped.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
bethany Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,165, Level: 13 Points: 8,165, Level: 13 Points: 8,165, Level: 13

Re: HOW TO MAKE A GUY WANT TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP AFTER 6 MONTHS OF DATING - April 19th 2011, 04:32 AM

thanx for ur reply "CvcSly3" but i do not understand the part where u say " greater responsibilities are making him pushy".. What do u mean by that?
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
CvcSly3 Offline
Heart Of Hearts
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Connor

Points: 8,700, Level: 13 Points: 8,700, Level: 13 Points: 8,700, Level: 13

Re: HOW TO MAKE A GUY WANT TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP AFTER 6 MONTHS OF DATING - April 19th 2011, 01:19 PM

I meant manily if you decide to start a family down the road, or possibly living together. But if those are FAR down the road then he I have no idea why, unless emotionally he isnt prepared. Hope this helped.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: HOW TO MAKE A GUY WANT TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP AFTER 6 MONTHS OF DATING - April 20th 2011, 12:12 AM

You may just want different things. If he isn't ready for a relationship, then he isn't ready for a relationship. You can't push him to be in one. If that's the case, it may be best for you to move on to someone who is wanting to be in a relationship with you and return that kind of commitment.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24

Re: HOW TO MAKE A GUY WANT TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP AFTER 6 MONTHS OF DATING - April 20th 2011, 02:03 AM

At six months of dating I'd consider that a relationship.

Does he actually know you two are dating? Or have you been hanging out with him while he's under the assumption you guys are friends?

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Mathew with one "t"

Points: 8,584, Level: 13 Points: 8,584, Level: 13 Points: 8,584, Level: 13

Re: HOW TO MAKE A GUY WANT TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP AFTER 6 MONTHS OF DATING - April 20th 2011, 07:54 PM

Well you obviously ant make him be in a relationship and 6 months is a long time to be together. Its kinda like saying you want to be engaged but you dont want to get married. The boy your dating isnt reallly being fair here. I guess what he wants to have is a friends with benfiets relatinship. Only problem is this isnt fair to what you want. You want to be in a relationship and i would want the same thing. When you have fun with someone and you like them alot then usually you want to be together and be a REAL couple. this makes sense. Dont let him take you for a ride. A relationship takes 2 and unfortunatly he isnt playing his part. talk to him about it for sure. communication is always key in devolping a strong relationship.

tell him somthing along the lines of. I want a relationship with you I want to be with you for real. i want to be able to tell people we are boyfriend and girlfriend. real dating stuff. and if you cant hold true to what i want then i guess i dont want to be apart of this. Give it some time. your going towant to make sure he understands what your saying. you cant just get up and leave on him. COMMMNICATION!!!!!. good luck sweetheart
Closed Thread