TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kiwi_drops Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kiwi

Points: 8,278, Level: 13 Points: 8,278, Level: 13 Points: 8,278, Level: 13

Unhappy Bulimia. - March 29th 2011, 11:33 PM

It's not just be that feels horribly split sometimes, right?

By that, I mean... wanting to recover, yet not quite being ready. I don't want to be like this, I want to be healthy both in body and mind. Yet it's... my secret, in a way of looking at it. It's mine, and I don't want to give it up, because I don't know if I'm ready to cope without it.

I hate this disorder, I honestly do, I wish I could be normal and without it. But it's here, and without it... it would be like stripping me of who I am, of what I have been for a number of years, and then... I don't know what I'll be, who I'll be, where I'll be...

Am I making even a little bit of sense?

I often feel like I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't. You know, if I don't give into what that little voice is screaming at me to do, then there's the feelings that creep up along with that. And then if I do... it's lying on the bathroom floor some hours later, too dizzy to move, looking particularly glamorous (not) and all in all... either way, I will feel completely worthless. Like absolute shit, disgusting, crawling, rotten...

Ahhh, I'm talking too much...

I want to give this up and be healthy, yet it's following me wherever I go. I'm fighting it most of the time, but sometimes I just can't. I give into it...

Last edited by Just Peachy.; March 29th 2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Removing prefix
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
chrissy2009 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chrissy

Points: 9,542, Level: 14 Points: 9,542, Level: 14 Points: 9,542, Level: 14

Re: Bulimia. - March 30th 2011, 12:09 AM

I used to be like that too. and it was hard...if you set your mind to it you can do it. just have to fight as hard as you can. Imagine this like a vacation that you would. Once you get to beating this the closer you get to enjoying this vacation. that's how i looked at it. imagine how much better you would feel. How many people would be so proud of you including me! I have faith in you. You can do this.
If you need to talk you can always pm me.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
pixietheangel Offline
i give advice xx
Not a n00b

Name: pixie

Points: 8,794, Level: 13 Points: 8,794, Level: 13 Points: 8,794, Level: 13

Re: Bulimia. - March 31st 2011, 03:29 PM

OK first of all congratulaitons for a) recognising you have a disorder and b) trying to fight it. I know how hard it is, like i dont have one but i know it can feel like an endless struggle where wither way you feel worthless. Oh and you were making sense. Well i think you have definatley done the first step by writing down how you feel. Its a cycle and cycles can be broken, to help you stop try finding your trigger. why is it you fel liek you ahve too? is it because you want something to be apart of you liek you said having a secret. Whatever it is i suggest you tell a friend or family member. I know you dont want to let g of your secret because you feel like you willhave lost your identity but having that disorder is only a small part that has taken over. Once you let go which can be scary at first you have a journey. To find yourself again. Discover new interests, join clubs, make new friends, listen to different types of music. Whatever you do it will feel that void. No doubt you jsut liked being in controll perhaps, having something to focus on? swop it try sports or goign to support groups or a doctor. Tell a friend or family member for moral support. Its great that you want to be healthy and i hope that you can be in the near future. Keep fighting, im here for you xxx <3 PM me if you ned anything love pixie <3

Change the voices in your head,
make them like you instead
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Bulimia. - April 12th 2011, 07:12 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry that you are feeling like you're trapped and conflicted. I know you're afraid that getting help will strip away who you are, but let me tell you something- You're 18. You're growing and you're learning. It's time to create a new, healthier you. You can't live this life forever, right? You know how unhealthy this is for you, and it seems like you want help. I know you don't want to give up your secret. Even though secrets are meant to be kept confidential, they're also meant to be told to someone else. Someone you can trust, or someone who can make things better for you. I like the idea of you possibly going to a support group. This way, girls (or boys!) have the same secret you do, and you all can support each other and help each other thro;ugh recovery. You're 18, so you don't even need to tell your parents. Though, I encourage you to do so. They can help support you as well. I know things are tough, I was there. And I felt the same exact way you do, and sometimes I still do. You're going to feel loads better if you fight this and recover. You CAN do this. Just keep positive, sunshine.<3

Closed Thread