TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

Points: 21,673, Level: 21 Points: 21,673, Level: 21 Points: 21,673, Level: 21

I'm gonna go to Alcohol Anonymous.. - May 9th 2011, 08:24 PM

Mom and dad have 'just' realised that i'm stealing there vodka. I went to school pissed out of my head today.
I felt so much better, but my friends told me that i smelt of fags and alcohol. I felt so ashamed.
I'm just so lost right now.
I want to the alcohol but then another part of me is shouting at me to stop.
I'm so confused. My parents are really angry with me and i don't know what to do because they are going to start hiding the alcohol so i can't get any at all. The first thing my mind went to was 'go to the shop and ask someone to buy a bottle for you.'

Something must be wrong with me. I enjoy drinking so much, but i know deep down that i need to stop.
Thing is, i've tried. I lasted three fucking days without any kind of alcohol. And by then i wanted to die.
I've had probably, half a bottle of moms vodka today and i didn't even realise it.

I think i'm going to go to Alcohol Anonymous meeting in town but i'm so fucking scared. I mean, i'm 15. Do you really think they'll let me in? Aren't i to young.

I've been ok for ages but all of a sudden i keep crying and i cut again for the first time in months last night. I'm just so freaked out that i wont be able to have any vodka. I know i'm gonna do something stupid to get some, because i just can't go without it.

Wtf do i do? I'm so scared

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Points: 23,828, Level: 22 Points: 23,828, Level: 22 Points: 23,828, Level: 22

Re: I'm gonna go to Alcohol Anonymous.. - May 9th 2011, 08:35 PM

You are not too young to have a problem. From what I know, support groups are usually very welcoming because they have all been in the same situation and understand what you are going through. Please do not be afraid to go and reach out for support.

I think it's great that you have acknowledged your problem and are getting help. I wish you the best of luck!

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: I'm gonna go to Alcohol Anonymous.. - May 10th 2011, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
You are not too young to have a problem. From what I know, support groups are usually very welcoming because they have all been in the same situation and understand what you are going through. Please do not be afraid to go and reach out for support.

I think it's great that you have acknowledged your problem and are getting help. I wish you the best of luck!
I agree. Keep in mind; the famous actress Drew Berrymore went through a drug and alcohol problem at the age of 13, and got clean while she was still in her teens.

Don't ask someone to buy alcohol for you; it could have serious repercussions for those people if they were to get caught. Buying alcohol and tobacco for miners is a serious offense, and even if that person was someone you don't even know, you don't want to get them in trouble.

AA meetings are very open. Nobody asks you your age, and you don't even have to speak out during the first meeting. Just go and get a feel for the environment, as well as the people. When you feel ready and comfortable with speaking up, go ahead. Use a fake name if you want too. It's all anonymous anyways, nobody will know your using a fake name.

You went through withdrawl symptoms, which is why you were feeling like you were going to die. When your body has become so accustomed to having a certain substance in it all the time, then when it's removed, it feels as if your going to die. I went through a few bad months of withdrawl after I got help with my drug problem. It's going to happen; you just need to have the strong will not to relapse back into drinking.

Remember; there are people out there willing to help you.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread