TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Katybug05 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kathryn

Points: 7,158, Level: 12 Points: 7,158, Level: 12 Points: 7,158, Level: 12

Lonely site.. - October 24th 2012, 12:26 AM

For a site that's supposed to be about helping others and communicating, It seems kinda lonely. I've been a member for a week or more? and no ones really talked to me. No one has added me as a friend. No one even replys to my posts in the support forums.. It's very strange to me.. Just saying

LOVE IS LOVE<3
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Points: 11,886, Level: 15 Points: 11,886, Level: 15 Points: 11,886, Level: 15

Re: Lonely site.. - October 24th 2012, 12:34 AM

Hey Kathryn.
I know what you mean, it can get kinda lonely around here, just like anywhere else I suppose. Ironic, right?
I'm always here if you want to talk, yeah? <3
~paula

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
craz33me Offline
because...cats.
I've been here a while

Name: Ciara(:

Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19

Re: Lonely site.. - October 24th 2012, 12:52 AM

yeah, I've been here for a year, and sometimes it's like that.
I'd recommend going to chat and stuff.

A beautiful thing is never perfect.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Lonely site.. - October 24th 2012, 12:55 AM

I wrote to you on your wall and you didn't respond. Sometimes you have to reach out to people and add them. Initiate conversation. I, too, suggest spending some time in the chat room and join in on some coversations.

Take care <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I've been here a while

Name: Lauren

Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22

Re: Lonely site.. - October 24th 2012, 01:16 AM

Hey there,

When I first became a member here on TeenHelp, it took a while but once I started posting a lot on the forums and going into the chatroom, people started talking to me a lot more and I got to know a lot of the other members. I saw that you already started posting, unfortunately I guess I've missed over them Anyway, I saw this one which gets me to my point, the more you post and talk to other members, like Lyndsee suggested the chat, the more people will be able to talk to you! I know I spend a lot of my time in the chat, so that might be why I haven't seen you as much. Try being the first one to make the move, initiate conversation!

As for no one replying to your posts, I looked a few of them and the ones that I saw got some replies, Sometimes it's only one or two, or takes a few days but we do try to reply to every thread that we can! I hope that this helped a bit.

If you ever want to talk, or anything at all, please feel free to send me a message! I'm quite a chatterbox, and I like to talk Take care!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Points: 12,511, Level: 16 Points: 12,511, Level: 16 Points: 12,511, Level: 16

Re: Lonely site.. - October 24th 2012, 04:35 AM

Hey there,
I looked at all your post, and all of them have plenty of replies besides a couple. "How to help" and "share artwork" Remember, not everyone knows How to help really, we're not doctors; we're common people. People also don't know what to post, sometimes i'm confused and afraid that my post would cause the Person more stress then help.

Also, no one added me as a friend, until I started interacting into the Community and made friends. I go on chat just to chat with a couple of people, if they're not on, i'm not very active in chat. It takes time, but if you put in, you'll get stuff out of it. There is nothing strange about it, remember this is a forum from people all over the world, not everyone is on at the same time. Plus some have jobs and families to tend to. I remember as a Teen spending 10+ hours on a computer, now i"m lucky to get 10 a week.

I hope you enjoy your stay better then it has been It will be better, try the chat its a really great feature

(#7 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Points: 13,275, Level: 16 Points: 13,275, Level: 16 Points: 13,275, Level: 16

Re: Lonely site.. - October 24th 2012, 06:11 AM

Hey there!

I can see what you're saying. When I first joined, it kinda felt that way too. But then I started reaching out to others and starting conversations with others on the site and I quickly realized just how many people are really caring and supportive here on the site. Just like any place, it can feel a bit lonely until you reach out a bit and start talking to others.

But hey! Now that you have reached out and I've seen one of your threads, I can introduce myself and offer my support as well! So on that note, I'm Angelica and it's very wonderful to meet you. If you ever need someone to talk to, you are always more than welcome to send me a PM or a VM. I'm always happy to talk about just about anything, I love to talk or listen, whichever's needed. So welcome to TeenHelp, again and I hope you enjoy yourself here! Let me know if you ever need me.

And I would suggest the chat room- you will always find someone to talk to there!

~Angelica

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

Help LINK Mentor - March 19th 2011 to April 16th 2011

Live Help Operator - February 18th 2012 to June 4th, 2012

Associate Live Help Operator - August 13th 2012 <3
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21

Re: Lonely site.. - October 24th 2012, 06:42 AM

Hey,

I can't really relate, I'm afraid (I was made to feel very welcome), but I can tell you that we're all nice here - so reach out, and get in touch.
My signature has 3 ways you can contact me, for a start.

You can talk to me any time, plus LH and Chat get instant responses; HL get responses even if it takes a few days, too.
In the Forums, sometimes things slip through and get no answers, normally this is just an unfortunate thing to happen; a good place to start is Arrivals and Departures! The Buddies are also around to help welcome you.

Basically, reach out and you'll feel involved, and welcome.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Katybug05 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kathryn

Points: 7,158, Level: 12 Points: 7,158, Level: 12 Points: 7,158, Level: 12

October 25th 2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartlines. View Post
I wrote to you on your wall and you didn't respond. Sometimes you have to reach out to people and add them. Initiate conversation. I, too, suggest spending some time in the chat room and join in on some coversations.

Take care <3
I responded and posted to your wall?? I tried..

I get the time thing. I'm on here for like 10 minutes on an average day. I tried chat twice and no ones been on.. I'm not trying to sound like how I came off and I am trying. Like I said people just aren't replying.. They may have by now but I haven't checked yet today

LOVE IS LOVE<3

Last edited by Jack Lowden; October 26th 2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Merged posts.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Points: 13,275, Level: 16 Points: 13,275, Level: 16 Points: 13,275, Level: 16

Re: Lonely site.. - October 26th 2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katybug05 View Post
I get the time thing. I'm on here for like 10 minutes on an average day. I tried chat twice and no ones been on.. I'm not trying to sound like how I came off and I am trying. Like I said people just aren't replying.. They may have by now but I haven't checked yet today
Timing can be a big thing. If you're only on for 10 min or so a day, it can be hard to get in touch with people because there is no guarantee that someone will be right there in that 10 min that you do get online. But you can always shoot someone a message or most a visitor message on their page as well and people will reach out and get in touch with you. As I said in an earlier reply, people really will reach out. I'm sorry you haven't felt welcome as of yet, but do know that you are always more than welcome to let me know if you ever need anything. You can PM me or VM me and I'll get back to you. I'm usually online every night to be able to check PMs and VMs. So I'll get back to you and I know most everyone else will too. Good luck.

~ Angelica

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

Help LINK Mentor - March 19th 2011 to April 16th 2011

Live Help Operator - February 18th 2012 to June 4th, 2012

Associate Live Help Operator - August 13th 2012 <3
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Lonely site.. - October 26th 2012, 07:58 PM

I felt the same way when I first joined, and a few times as a Staff member even. However, I learned I need to reach out, otherwise people might assume you are here to only post on the forum and have no interest in making friends.

So, when I feel down, I'll randomly message someone. Staff members are generally a good choice, especially Buddies. The Chat Room has it's times where it is pretty quiet, but there are times when it gets crowded and can be really fun.

Another suggestion is to post in Chit-Chat. You can post something random and get into a discussion about anything. This has helped me make friends before. Along with that, I found the more I posted to other's threads, the more replies I got back. Mostly because you are putting your name out there and saying "Hey, people. I'm here. I'm active. I'm nice. Let's chat!"

So don't give up on this place yet. Reach out! Sometimes threads go unanswered It's unfortunate and Staff try to prevent that from happening. But sometimes we miss it. If a thread hasn't been answered in a week (no answers since you first posted) then try making a HelpLink request as they WILL respond, or get on LiveHelp when it is open to get a quicker response. You could also attempt PMing one of the moderators of that forum, but keep in mind they are busy as they have to moderate the forum as well as their main position (HelpLink, LiveHelp, Buddy).

Try some of these options and see what happens.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread