TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Question Somethings up, and feelings are weird. - May 11th 2021, 01:19 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]So my boyfriend and I have been officially together since my sixteenth birthday (my family had an age limit for dating) so it’s been almost three years officially, and several more that we liked each other. He graduated last year and earlier this year he moved to Texas to help his grandparents on their trailer park and learning trade skills. Neither of us were totally consistent with texting and stuff, but we were trying to get better. Then he stopped for a week or two straight, and I stopped trying to text him back after a little bit.

We were planning on doing a zoom or a FaceTime this Saturday cause it was prom (seniors only at my school) but we hadn’t set up a date beforehand and I texted him and he never responded so we didn’t do it. Then last night he texted me that he needed to call me to explain stuff, which I was happy with, and also kind of nervous? We were supposed to call tonight but he said he was in a little bit of trouble so he’ll call tomorrow, and now I’m more worried. Because I want him to be ok.

Part of me keeps thinking he’s going to break up with me, which is probably just me being paranoid, but there’s part of me that’s thinking he should(?) which is weird because I love the guy, and I’m sure he loves me, I’ve just been getting weird vibes lately and I can’t tell if it’s just anxiety or what. Sorry this more of a vent post than anything, but thanks for reading.[/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Somethings up, and feelings are weird. - May 12th 2021, 09:17 PM

I don't blame you for feeling anxious and paranoid about what your boyfriend could want. It's only natural to assume the worst, especially when our partner says they need to call and explain a few things. It sounds mysterious and concerning.

His distant behaviour might be because he's busy or just has a lot going on. It doesn't mean he wants to split with you. We could spend ages speculating what may very well be the cause of his lack of responses and his overall behaviour. Not forgetting that he's had to move some distance away, losing out on being able to spend time with all his friends, and you. That can be a lot for somebody to take in. He's having to adjust to being somewhere new and learn new things.

If you can, just be patient with him, and try and support him. I know it's hard not to think of the worst, but just keep in mind he's had to move away and has had a lot going on.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: Somethings up, and feelings are weird. - May 17th 2021, 12:37 AM

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out! It's been a few days since your original post - have you been in touch with him after that?

Like Rivière said, while it's easy to think of the worst, it doesn't necessarily mean that he might want to break up with you. Clearly, he has much on his mind, so the best solution is to have an honest conversation about everything to bring things on track or to resolve any matters.

I agree that since he has moved and has been busy at his grandparent's, he must be preoccupied with many things. Sometimes it's just a matter of timing.

Do keep us updated if you can, and feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about anything!

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Somethings up, and feelings are weird. - May 17th 2021, 07:13 PM

I agree with Sarah and Malika in that despite your understandable anxiety, this could all be related to him being busy or having a lot on. Sometimes, especially when you're far away from someone, keeping up to date with people is hard, and when there are things going on behind the scenes that becomes even harder. I agree that having a chat with him would be a good idea. I think that way it gives you the chance to check in, and gives you both a chance to put each other at ease. Hopefully this is all that is needed.

Your worry is understandable though, and I can understand that how it sounds is going to provoke anxiety. I don't think you're paranoid at all for worrying. It just shows you care about him, which is a good thing.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Tennant Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 804, Level: 4 Points: 804, Level: 4 Points: 804, Level: 4

Re: Somethings up, and feelings are weird. - November 8th 2021, 10:29 AM

In order to be sure of mutual relations, you need to either check or ask openly and look at the reaction. Then it will be possible to decide whether you need that person or not.
Closed Thread