TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
the_lostone Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,329, Level: 12 Points: 7,329, Level: 12 Points: 7,329, Level: 12

Girlfriend hooked up with someone on break now shes running back to me? - February 25th 2012, 04:24 PM

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for over a year. She started seeing this doctor because she said she has trust issues. The doctor told her that she should break up with me and be without me to gain trust. She did and told me she wanted to get back with me after she fixed herself. I asked her if she was going to hook up with anyone she said i plan on getting really drunk friday and im not sure whats going to happen. I snapped and said she needed to leave.

A couple days go by she is telling me she misses me she loves me etc. Fast forward to friday (yesterday) she texts me throughout the night asking me what i'm doing apparently she went on my facebook and saw in a conversation that i was going out with a few friends. She calls me later that night tells me nothing happened and she misses me and loves me.

She calls me this morning randomly saying she wants to get back with me that she misses me and loves me so much i'm thinking everythings great. When she gets to my house she goes "i need to tell you something" apparently she got really drunk last night and hooked up with some guy at the party. She says that it was only because she was drunk and it showed her how much she REALLY loves me and wants to be with me. I had her call the kid tell him that what happened last night was only a mistake (yeah she got his number) and i told her that she is not going out to any partys any more with her slut friends (which they are) without me.

I'm really not sure what to do here. One side of me is telling me to forgive her she came clean and she really seems sorry the other said feels betrayed and crushed and just says move on.

Any advice here?

PS. her friends are telling her that its okay because she was single but in my eyes she really wasn't and its not okay because she still talking to me telling me she loves me and misses me basically stringing me along.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
The.adorable.1 Offline
I'm cool...i think
Not a n00b

Name: Scratch

Points: 11,942, Level: 15 Points: 11,942, Level: 15 Points: 11,942, Level: 15

Re: Girlfriend hooked up with someone on break now shes running back to me? - February 25th 2012, 04:43 PM

Wow, that' horrible. Do you love her? If so, than you should have a talk with her, and you should talk about how hurt you are, how you want to get back together, and if she ever does this again to you, you'll never get back together with her again. I know it may hurt, but's something your going to have to do at some point.

It takes more courage to suffer than to die.

I'm here for you, no madder what happens. PM/email me anytime: onlymclarsfan@gmail.com

WE DECIDED MY BEST INTEREST, how can you know, how can you say what MY BEST INTEREST is? What are you trying to say, I'm crazy? Well, I went to your schools, I went to your Churches, I went to your institutional learning facility, so how can you say that I'M crazy? (Suicidal Tendencies)

<3 <3 <3
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Grey Wind Offline
Average Joe

Points: 9,192, Level: 14 Points: 9,192, Level: 14 Points: 9,192, Level: 14

Re: Girlfriend hooked up with someone on break now shes running back to me? - February 25th 2012, 04:47 PM

Get rid of her. The fact that she wouldn't even give you a straight answer when you asked her if she was going to fuck someone else sets off so many alarms. I'd be surprised if she wasn't expecting to hook up with someone else. Anytime a girl mentions a break in a relationship out of nowhere, if she's not already riding someone else, she's definitely pulling her saddle out of the barn. You're now supposed to be with her at all times at parties to make sure she doesn't cheat on you? Unless you're into cuckolding, I'd toss her to the curb immediately. You said it yourself, she's stringing you along.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I've been here a while

Points: 26,815, Level: 23 Points: 26,815, Level: 23 Points: 26,815, Level: 23

Re: Girlfriend hooked up with someone on break now shes running back to me? - February 25th 2012, 04:56 PM

Your relationship is dead. The fact that she wouldn't give you a straight answer is a pretty solid indication that she went out looking to hook up with someone else. In fact, I'm willing to bet that she had this planned out: I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure that doctors don't just tell people to break up with their boyfriends. And asking to "take a break" always means that she just wants to have her cake and eat it: hooking up with other guys while keeping you as a safety net. Do not get back with this girl.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Re: Girlfriend hooked up with someone on break now shes running back to me? - February 25th 2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lostone View Post
I had her call the kid tell him that what happened last night was only a mistake (yeah she got his number) and i told her that she is not going out to any partys any more with her slut friends (which they are) without me.
Wow, and you don't sound controlling at alll. :/ Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you haven't been wronged, but based on what I've read from this you guys shouldn't be together. She sounds like she's definitely the weaker one in the relationship, and needs time to gain some independence and security within herself but I don't think she's going to do it with a boyfriend with your kind of personality. You should find someone that is more secure and therefore less likely to behave like she has towards you.

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
the_lostone Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,329, Level: 12 Points: 7,329, Level: 12 Points: 7,329, Level: 12

Re: Girlfriend hooked up with someone on break now shes running back to me? - February 25th 2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitesize View Post

Wow, and you don't sound controlling at alll. :/ Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you haven't been wronged, but based on what I've read from this you guys shouldn't be together. She sounds like she's definitely the weaker one in the relationship, and needs time to gain some independence and security within herself but I don't think she's going to do it with a boyfriend with your kind of personality. You should find someone that is more secure and therefore less likely to behave like she has towards you.
I didn't really post the back story of this. She said she needed time and I told her I supported any decision she makes and I'll give her time I actually didn't even contact her she kept messaging me. I told her I just didn't approve of her hooking up with guys.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: Girlfriend hooked up with someone on break now shes running back to me? - February 25th 2012, 06:03 PM

Well, now you BOTH have trust issues - and personally, I don't see how those are going to be resolved any time soon. I'm going to agree with what's already been said. The relationship is unhealthy, and unless you're willing to stay miserable for several months/YEARS while you try to work things out, I'd say it's best to just end the relationship.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Flavalicious Offline
100% Coffee addict
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Felis

Points: 8,187, Level: 13 Points: 8,187, Level: 13 Points: 8,187, Level: 13

Re: Girlfriend hooked up with someone on break now shes running back to me? - February 26th 2012, 12:08 AM

I think she's just not mature enough reading from what you posted there and still need to learn many things. You should give her some times to learn and grow up and if you love her you should be there as well helping her with this whole issue.

About the hooking up with guys thing.. is she close with her friends she went party with? Because if they're best friends there might be big chances that all this time when your girlfriend talked with them, they implanted the wrong idea into her mind, only God knows what.

I mean both of you are on a break for a better relationship not really breaking up because the relationship is hopeless. And if they're actually good friends to her, they won't be ruining her thoughts with all those "being single" stuffs into her head including it's okay to hook up with other guys.

From my experiences, sometimes girl friends aren't always good u see. There are girls out there that are sane, can see things clearly and actually able to help their best friends out but at the same time, there are some friends who just try to add up some fire to their friends' problems. When things go worse, without looking at the whole problem, they just blame the friend's boyfriend for things and told her to do crazy things. So yea..
Closed Thread