TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Julie has chest infection - January 18th 2021, 07:49 AM

Last night I had to get the doctor out to sound her chest. Julie was prescribed antibiotics, not something that doctors like doing these days, but my dearest is in a terrible state. And, because we are emotionally and spiritually linked, Julie being unwell directly affects me.

In a bad way. Makes me feel down. Anxious. All sorts. And I'm already running on low like my beloved twin because maman left us for Paris and a location aboard, and she's been upset since her fiancee Abigail left to return to the US. Like us, maman has been vaccinated, so that is good.

I haven't had much sleep. I feel stressed. Lots of things and when my beautiful sister gets unwell, inside I'm screaming.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas A. Edison.

Thomas Edison tried over two thousand times to invent the lightbulb.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 18th 2021, 09:19 AM

Sorry to hear your sister isn't well, I hope she makes a speedy recovery especially considering she's had such a hard year. I can imagine it's very stressful for you, make sure you find time for yourself and get some rest as well. Hope she's back to feeling better soon.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 18th 2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglow. View Post
Sorry to hear your sister isn't well, I hope she makes a speedy recovery especially considering she's had such a hard year. I can imagine it's very stressful for you, make sure you find time for yourself and get some rest as well. Hope she's back to feeling better soon.

[TRIGGER WARNING LAST PARAGRAPH]

We are resting, both of us on doctor's orders. She prescribed Julie Doxycycline, powerful antibiotic for treating bacterial infection. Julie has had it before when she and I were hospitalized for coronavirus, so we know this powerful antibiotic will help make her well again.

Also our doctor is sending us a coronavirus testing kit. Even though we are 9 days since having that vaccination, she wants to be on the safe side.

For why? Even some who have been vaccinated, also having had corona before, can be likely to become infected again. Our doctor said it's unlikely, but re-infection despite vaccination has happened. Those testing kits will be here by tomorrow morning if not before. They will arrive by a special courier to ensure I sign for them. So many covid vaccinations are happening now in Monaco. Our streets are empty. Although shops are open (they have to close by 6PM now), our little country is like a ghost town.

In a way, we are glad maman has gone to Paris. Fully tested etc etc she signed a new contract. Her boyfriend is back after her fiancee gf ghosted her. He's got a grey shaggy mutt of an adorable dog, just like that avert sometimes shown on British TV, for the Automobile Association when we were back in England sometime ago.

How we'd love a doggit right now, but we sadly miss Jack and I don't think we're ready for one. But I don't know. So it's Just Julie and me, and I will be strong for her as much as I can. But Sis knows, senses my feelings. There is no running away or hiding that terror inside. But we have each other, and that can never be taken away. If Julie goes, I will, too. But don't let's think about that. Look on the bright side.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas A. Edison.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 18th 2021, 03:59 PM

Fingers crossed your sister starts to feel better soon.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 18th 2021, 06:05 PM

I'm sorry to hear that your sister isn't feeling so well. Hoping for a smooth and quick recovery.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 18th 2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholia. View Post
I'm sorry to hear that your sister isn't feeling so well. Hoping for a smooth and quick recovery.

Thank you Melancholia.

Unfortunately I've gone down with the same chest infection. Our doctor came out, sounded my chest and prescribed the same antibiotic. Doxycyline is a 7 day course: We have to take 2 capsules on the first day, then one to be taken each day. Altogether there are 8 of these to a packet. It's strong stuff and we're very tired, so I won't be answering any private messages until feeling better.

Special thanks to those who have wished Julie well. I'll be back when feeling better.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 19th 2021, 05:20 AM

Hope your sister feels better soon!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 19th 2021, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight. View Post
Hope your sister feels better soon!

Thank you, Flight.

I'm also sick with the same, but only 5 more days on these horrible antibiotics and we should feel better.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 19th 2021, 11:36 AM

Update: Maman has flown home to be with us!

When I got sick, it meant I couldn't look after Julie; both of us are exhausted. We coughed all night, it was so bad that I called our doctor again. She came out later this morning, bringing 2 covid testing kits. Being advanced kits all we needed was wait close to an hour: COVID NEGATIVE.

Maman is now flying home to look after us. She cancelled her modeling contract so she will stay with us. She's due soon, flying from Nice by Monacair. The helicopter flight isn't cheap, but it brings her to us within minutes

We will family again. Thank goodness for that!
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 19th 2021, 04:13 PM

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well either, Wendi. I am glad your and your sister's COVID test came back negative, and that your mum is coming to stay with you two. It's unfortunate she misses out on a job opportunity, but hopefully there'll be more out there for her. I know her priority right now is to take care of you and your sister.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Ellsie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 19th 2021, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Chops View Post
Update: Maman has flown home to be with us!

When I got sick, it meant I couldn't look after Julie; both of us are exhausted. We coughed all night, it was so bad that I called our doctor again. She came out later this morning, bringing 2 covid testing kits. Being advanced kits all we needed was wait close to an hour: COVID NEGATIVE.

Maman is now flying home to look after us. She cancelled her modeling contract so she will stay with us. She's due soon, flying from Nice by Monacair. The helicopter flight isn't cheap, but it brings her to us within minutes

We will family again. Thank goodness for that!
I'm so glad your mother is coming back to be with you! I hope you feel better soon though, and Julie as well. I'm so sorry that so much is going on, however it is good that you tested negative for COVID.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 19th 2021, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholia. View Post
I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well either, Wendi. I am glad your and your sister's COVID test came back negative, and that your mum is coming to stay with you two. It's unfortunate she misses out on a job opportunity, but hopefully there'll be more out there for her. I know her priority right now is to take care of you and your sister.

Thank you for what you wrote. Just goes to show how much we need our mothers, or fathers, when we are sick and vulnerable. Our maman can get new work in months to come. Fact is she is here, watching over us. Never thought I'd love our maman so much for cancelling contracts and flying home just to be with us. Putting her children's welfare first, and to heart. She will take good care of us. Thank you, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsie View Post
I'm so glad your mother is coming back to be with you! I hope you feel better soon though, and Julie as well. I'm so sorry that so much is going on, however it is good that you tested negative for COVID.

Ellsie! How glad I am to see you've joined us! I've prayed and hoped and prayed again you'd come, and post, and become part of my online family! Thank you for writing to me here and by email. I am very grateful to you.

I can't express how relieved I am for maman to be home. Having this chest infection is bad enough, but Julie is in a worse condition because of her asthma. I'm her carer to ensure she uses the correct inhalers at the right time, but she's showing signs of getting better.

Still, I fear of being re-infected with covid again, Julie also. It's a fight right now, both of us came close to breaking down until maman arrived. Last night I didn't know if we could get though the night.

It's in times of crisis that we find out who we really are.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 21st 2021, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Chops View Post

Thank you, Flight.

I'm also sick with the same, but only 5 more days on these horrible antibiotics and we should feel better.
Sorry to hear that you are unwell as well.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 21st 2021, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight. View Post
Sorry to hear that you are unwell as well.

Thank you for looking out for us, Flight. I really appreciate it like all my friends who have posted their best wishes. It's wonderful coming back to see just how many have been so caring of us.

I'm not great, but slowly improving, still taking my antibiotics orally, and without feelings of nausea. Julie's chest infection worsened.

Our doctor hurried back bringing our blood test results. The markers on my test revealed I was responding, but Julie's markers were worryingly lower. She put an IV line into her and having brought an overhead antibiotic drip and machine monitor gizmo (sorry for my ignorance in these medical devices), started a drip of pneumonia antibiotics and another whose name is too long. But we were assured it's very effective. Our vitals are taken regularly

This was a precaution to prevent my sister's condition from worsening into pneumonia which she nearly did from last spring when she and I got covid. That was an experience I don't ever want thinking about. I was terrified for Julie. Was terrified anyway! I'm a tough and resilient young woman, but the reality of corona infection, even re-infection remains a spectre.

Julie's IV began yesterday morning. Consequently her blood test markers had begun rising, which we are very relieved about!

An intravenous-trained nurse comes every 6 hours to give Julie more antibiotics. She is eating fairly well, loves her chilled milk, toast and honey. In addition she's been sharing tubs of glorious Talini Dark Chocolate Cherry ice cream with me. Note the plural. Ben & Jerry's ain't got nothing on this delicious ice cream.

These intravenous antibiotics will continue until Julie's blood markers return to normal. We are very grateful to maman for coming home. She's being very good to us. And amazingly, she's cooking. And very well.

Vive la français nosh!

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 21st 2021, 07:31 PM

I'm sorry to hear Julie was getting worse, but it sounds like you and her are in the best hands to fight this. Wishing you and her all the best and a speedy recovery from here on!

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 22nd 2021, 12:01 PM

Hi Wendi,

I'm so sorry to hear that your sister Julie fell sick and her condition worsened. But it's also heartening to hear that she is slowly improving. It's lovely that your mother has come back from Paris to look after you and your sister.

I'm sorry to hear that you've also come down with this illness. I hope you're through most of the antibiotics course now? A gentle reminder for both you and Julie to complete the whole course of antibiotics even if you feel better, because that way you eliminate the infection fully and there wouldn't be any left in your system to replicate and create issues again

Do update us! And get well soon!

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Julie has chest infection - January 22nd 2021, 09:49 PM

Thank you Hollie and Mallika! Julie is getting well again, but as a precaution has another week of intravenous antibiotics. The down-side is our being woken by the visiting nurse arriving to swap Julie's antib's with new, so maman gave her a house key to let herself in.

I have another two days of oral antib's, but also I'm being treated for a touch of anemia. Been feeling very rough lately which my blood test results revealed the reason why. And why I haven't been anywhere near our lovely online home.

Maman has stepped up to making utterly scrummy food, the kitchen is on its head from what looks like a herd of dancing goats! Well worth it, though, as the washing up is done by her and Simon, a buddy of ours who is staying. If he wasn't gay, we'd have had him married off to her long ago!

So I'm sorry, but I must go. So tired, needing sleep, but missing you all.

hugs everyone,
Wendi

Closed Thread