TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
chescaax0o Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,899, Level: 13 Points: 7,899, Level: 13 Points: 7,899, Level: 13

Unhappy pregnant and in need of desperate help! - April 26th 2011, 02:40 AM

i just found out that i am pregnant...again. my fiance and i have been best friends for over 10 years. we have been dating for about two and engaged for a couple of months.

the first time my fiance was supporitive and said that he would be behind me no mater what. we ended up deciding to keep the baby but as i headed for week 10 i statrted to bleed. i went to the doctors and they told me that i was having a miscarriage.(she would have been born march 21) it was so hard. i became overly depressed and wouldnt get out of bed for over a month.

this time he wants me to get an abortion. i considered it last time but after all the stress of dealing with a miscarriage i don't feel like i could deal with getting an abortion but he tells me that it is either him or the baby. i told him i was against getting an abortion but he won't let it go. i don't know what to do. i don't want to lose him but i don't feel like i could give up our child. one was taken from me and i don't feel like it would be right to give up another.

suggestions anyone?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Friend :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Boo Boo

Points: 8,240, Level: 13 Points: 8,240, Level: 13 Points: 8,240, Level: 13

Re: pregnant and in need of desperate help! - April 26th 2011, 03:24 AM

to be very honest. that will be a living breathing child one day. You was blessed to be given another shot at having a baby. dont take it for granted and have an abortion. this is my opinion though. If he truly loves you then he wouldnt want to hurt you or that baby. Its part of you. The way i see it is boyfriends, friends and husbands will never replace a child. I was once married and if at any given moment i would have loved to have a child. Not that i feel that way now. I know now i need to wait as long as possible. But honestly you shouldnt give this away. A childs love with be there forever. That baby needs you. I have came to the conclusion that if i ever get pregnant and the man didnt want it and told me to choose. i would choose that baby. I may be hurt over loosing the man i love but it will be replaced when that baby comes and needs me. That baby will always need you. You will understand one day when you have it, if you do. He shouldnt be making you choose. It already is a living thing. It will grow into something so amazing. My opinion is keep it. If he doesnt want it thats his loss. You and that baby will have each other. share each others pain later on and you will have someone there for you at any given time. Please think hard about this. You keep it or not. But if it comes to the point where you cant keep it. think about adoption. atleast that baby will be able to live. Dont kill it.

~!~BooBooLovesMickey~!~

~Your darkest moments lead to the brighest light~

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: pregnant and in need of desperate help! - April 26th 2011, 03:45 AM

You need to think about all possible situations. You obviously said your against abortion, but there is also adoption, and there are ways to keep in contact with your child after you've given it to a new family. This is called an open adoption. However, I'm not exactly sure how to explain why your boyfriend feels that way. Maybe he's scared that you'll have another miscarriage? I don't know. But, ultimately, the decision is yours and he cannot force you to have an abortion if you don't want too. It's your body, and it's yours to do what you want with it. You have to remember: your not the only one who had to deal with a loss, he had to as well.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dana Offline
The Jet Setter
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dana

Points: 10,464, Level: 14 Points: 10,464, Level: 14 Points: 10,464, Level: 14

Re: pregnant and in need of desperate help! - April 26th 2011, 08:29 AM

Is there any reason why you would need to get an abortion? Medical or financial problems? It seems odd that your fiancée would be telling you to get an abortion unless he thought it was best for you. But when I read that he said it was either him or the baby, my heart dropped. It appears to me that by pressuring you to do this, your fiancée is a very selfish person who doesn't care about you or your well being. You might want to re-evaluate whether or not he is husband/father material and consider that if you have this baby, you will likely be caring for it entirely on your own. Are you prepared to do that? I do not agree with having babies you cannot care for, why bring another person into the world to suffer with you? But if you can care for this baby, then your fiancée is a jerk, and you should drop him. But first, talk to him and find out why exactly he is opposed to you having this baby.

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious."
-Albert Einstein
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18

Re: pregnant and in need of desperate help! - April 26th 2011, 05:34 PM

You have to do what feels right to you, and ultimately what's best for your unborn child. That includes considering what raising a baby might be like without his/her father around. I'm very sorry you are going through this, I've been there and I know how hard it is to make that decision

You've also got to understand how your fiance may be feeling right now. He's made it clear that he does not want this child and does not feel ready to be a father, but the decision is in your hands and he feels helpless. The best you can do is tell him how you feel and hope whatever you decide that you two can work some kind of plan out between the two of you.

Having a baby is such a life-changing experience and I think sometimes, as women, we forget that once we become pregnant. All I could think about is having my baby. Seriously think about the sacrifices you would have to make by having this child. Can you afford it on your own? Will your fiance pay child support if he breaks it off with you? Have you finished school? Do you work? Are you financially stable enough to afford child care? What government programs are there in your area for single mothers? Do you have a supportive family to help you through this?

I know this is by far not the case in most situations, but my husband (boyfriend at the time) told me it was him or the baby as well... we are now married and have an 18 month old son. If he was going to be supportive the first time around, what's stopping him this time?

Good luck and I hope you reach a conclusion together that you are happy with.

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Points: 23,828, Level: 22 Points: 23,828, Level: 22 Points: 23,828, Level: 22

Re: pregnant and in need of desperate help! - April 27th 2011, 03:59 AM

It's not fair for him to put you in this situation. Proposing an ultimatum like this is likely to end badly whatever you choose, I don't think he realizes it. It's very selfish of him to ask you to abort the baby or risk losing him, especially when you two are this serious. You need to talk to him and seriously ask him why he's making you choose. Is he afraid that you will be hurt if you miscarry again? Does he feel as if he is not ready for a child yet? Or is it for a completely different reason? Since you two are in a relationship, such big issues should be discussed together and not decided upon by one person without any explanation. He owes you that much.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

(#7 (permalink)) Old
NorielM Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Noriel Meynard

Points: 8,078, Level: 13 Points: 8,078, Level: 13 Points: 8,078, Level: 13

Re: pregnant and in need of desperate help! - April 27th 2011, 07:25 AM

Remember that both of you are responsible for the child. Another thing, it is not your child's fault to be there. Abortion is not the answer to your problem. You know that you are lucky for having a second baby after your miscarriage so don't waste the chance. With regards to your fiance, for 10 years you spend together, i am sure that he will understand if you'll explain your side and if he really loves you.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21

Re: pregnant and in need of desperate help! - April 28th 2011, 01:05 PM

You child will always be your child. He could leave you anytime he pleases... And, to be honest, since he's giving you this ultimatum, it seems like he's probably not going to be around forever anyway. I would choose my child before any man.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
.:Try Forever:.
I've been here a while

Name: Amy

Points: 14,744, Level: 17 Points: 14,744, Level: 17 Points: 14,744, Level: 17

Re: pregnant and in need of desperate help! - April 28th 2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy.Wife.Student View Post
You child will always be your child. He could leave you anytime he pleases... And, to be honest, since he's giving you this ultimatum, it seems like he's probably not going to be around forever anyway. I would choose my child before any man.
This.

Also do you really want to marry a guy who says you have to chose between him or your unborn baby?

.:6:21 a.m.:.
.:12-01-2007:.
.:Logan Jacob:.

Baby HunterComing 7/12/14
My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing
"It took a pair of soft blue eyes, and a smile so sweet.. to make me reach up high, and really dig down deep.."

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 40,491, Level: 28 Points: 40,491, Level: 28 Points: 40,491, Level: 28

Re: pregnant and in need of desperate help! - April 29th 2011, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy.Wife.Student View Post

This...
Do it for you and your child.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
snoogums Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Blue

Points: 10,785, Level: 15 Points: 10,785, Level: 15 Points: 10,785, Level: 15

Re: pregnant and in need of desperate help! - April 30th 2011, 12:59 PM

I think I can kind of understand why your fiance would not wan't you to have this second baby. If he was supportive the first time and then it didn't work out he is probably really afraid that something bad could happen a second time. He is probably worried about you. I would probably feel a lot the same way about it. But no matter what his reasons are he shouldn't try to make you choose. This is your second chance and If you are very sure that you wan't to try and have this baby than I would say you should sit down with this guy and seriously tell him what you have decided and that you would like him to support you. If he still tells you that you have to choose between him and your baby than I would say he is probably not the kind of person you wan't to marry. I am so sorry for your situation and I really hope everything goes well for you in the end.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
AcidRayne*OG* Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Taylor

Points: 9,870, Level: 14 Points: 9,870, Level: 14 Points: 9,870, Level: 14

Re: pregnant and in need of desperate help! - May 9th 2011, 07:19 AM

When I got pregnant with my daughter, my boyfriend left me because I refused to have an abortion. Ultimately, he came back when I was about four months pregnant. He might always come back and realize his mistake if he so chooses to leave. Regardless, he's financially obligated to the child, so, I wouldn't worry too much. Even if my boyfriend had never come back, I'm so glad I kept my daughter, she is the light of my life. Motherhood is amazing, you should join it

"No failure is ever final, nor is any success."
Closed Thread