TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity This forum is for you to explore your sexuality and identity, whatever that may be.

View Poll Results: In your opinion what is the greatest factor in blocking LGBT into the military
Sexual Tension/Invasion of privacy 13 65.00%
Special training required for LGBT 2 10.00%
Raised issues in the military 5 25.00%
other 9 45.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Spicy_ Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 17,982, Level: 19 Points: 17,982, Level: 19 Points: 17,982, Level: 19

Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 10th 2010, 08:06 AM

Recently some of our state senators are trying to lift the block that stops LGBT people from openly serving in the military. Many LGBT in the military have to go in hiding.

For article click here

I personally think people should be able to openly serve in the military, being bi-sexual my self, I neglect to see a reason why. People have said there runs a risk of unprotected sex on base/ invasion of sexual privacy. What about when male and female military hook up; thats not right. Some have also it raises chance for a misconduct, how can being lgbt really start a fight, if a LGBT was set to defend his country he will focus on just that and nothing else. I also read it must result in training to deal with LGBT, that is false, we don't require any additional training then a regular military.

more information and reasons against it click here

Anyone else care to share there honest opinion?

Through darkness does the light shine even brighter
PM/VM
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 10th 2010, 05:48 PM

Whether they're open about it or not, LBGT people are still gonna do their LGBT thang Don't Ask Don't Tell just gives the military the right to kick them out over it.

All it does is save intolerant civilians from a big freak out if the policy were lifted. "Now gays are joining our military so they can have openly gay sex with each other omgawdz!" Or something of that ignorant nature...

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Points: 26,815, Level: 23 Points: 26,815, Level: 23 Points: 26,815, Level: 23

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 10th 2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverHis View Post
All it does is save intolerant civilians from a big freak out if the policy were lifted. "Now gays are joining our military so they can have openly gay sex with each other omgawdz!" Or something of that ignorant nature...
Except that 78% of Americans want it repealed.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-ask-dont-tell

I know it's difficult, but sometimes it's fine to have a little faith in the public.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 10th 2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
Except that 78% of Americans want it repealed.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-ask-dont-tell

I know it's difficult, but sometimes it's fine to have a little faith in the public.
Sorry, sometimes I have a hard time getting my point across via internet.

I know most people want it repealed, as well as myself. I was just trying to make a joke about reasons why people wouldn't. Haha?

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Points: 21,362, Level: 21 Points: 21,362, Level: 21 Points: 21,362, Level: 21

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 10th 2010, 07:55 PM

It really shouldn't matter if your gay or straight. I don't approve of teenagers joining the army though ¬.¬

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Points: 18,110, Level: 19 Points: 18,110, Level: 19 Points: 18,110, Level: 19

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 10th 2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictional View Post
It really shouldn't matter if your gay or straight. I don't approve of teenagers joining the army though ¬.¬
How old then? If I am an adult which is 18 why should I NOT have the chance to risk my life for my country?
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 11th 2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post
How old then? If I am an adult which is 18 why should I NOT have the chance to risk my life for my country?
Well, there's the fact that the brain isn't fully developed at 18. Particularly with males, the area of the brain that determines risk isn't fully developed until several years later than that (mid 20s if I recall correctly). That's why teenagers are a lot more likely to do risky things than adults are. I wouldn't want people who are going to put their lives and other people's lives at risk being in the army. But that's really got nothing to do with this topic.

I don't see why LGBT people shouldn't be allowed to serve in the army. I agree with Fictional that I'm iffy about teenagers being in the army in general, but there's no reason why gender or sexual orientation should be a decider.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 11th 2010, 01:58 AM

Quote:
O.o you said it yourself surely? If your an adult then surely that makes you not a teenager?

And I think anybody should be allowed to join.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 11th 2010, 06:43 AM

No, I do not think LGBT people should be allowed to serve in the military, whether open about it or not. I also believe people should be allowed to serve in the military at 16, with the first year being spent on less combat oriented roles, and more on technical, such as demolitions and such.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 11th 2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
No, I do not think LGBT people should be allowed to serve in the military, whether open about it or not. I also believe people should be allowed to serve in the military at 16, with the first year being spent on less combat oriented roles, and more on technical, such as demolitions and such.
What is your reasoning for either/both of these.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 11th 2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
I personally don't approve of the military at all, but heh, I'm biased.

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Mada tooi anataboshi
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 11th 2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I personally don't approve of the military at all, but heh, I'm biased.
Why? because how would you provide for national defense?
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 11th 2010, 03:05 PM

We could do like the Japanese and have an army who serve only to deffend our country.

And I'm biased because my older cousin has dedicated his life to joining the army and killing people ¬.¬

Mada tooi anataboshi
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 11th 2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
We could do like the Japanese and have an army who serve only to deffend our country.

And I'm biased because my older cousin has dedicated his life to joining the army and killing people ¬.¬
Wait isn't that what all armed forces do to defend their own country. We usually do not go into somewhere because we do not like them we do so because we feel they are a threat and as for your older cousin did he go in TO kill people or to defend his country in times of war meaning he may HAVE to kill people.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Spicy_ Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 11th 2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
You have this all wrong. Our army (America in general) is not made for killing, we defend our freedom. We only kill if need be. With out a millitary we wouldn't be free like how we are now. We been in chaos and with no right going on.

PM/VM
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Spicy_ Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 11th 2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
No, I do not think LGBT people should be allowed to serve in the military, whether open about it or not.

What is your reasoning behind this? We can serve and defend our freedom as good as everyone else.

PM/VM
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 02:49 AM

I do believe that LGBT people should be able to openly serve in the military. And in a perfect world, they would be able to do so without being ridiculed by other homophobic people in the military. I actually spoke to a retired Navy about this once and he said that the way that African American people are still tormented in the military, he thinks it would only cause more chaos for LGBT people to be allowed in. It's just such a shame that it has to be that way.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Points: 16,164, Level: 18 Points: 16,164, Level: 18 Points: 16,164, Level: 18

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Wait isn't that what all armed forces do to defend their own country. We usually do not go into somewhere because we do not like them we do so because we feel they are a threat and as for your older cousin did he go in TO kill people or to defend his country in times of war meaning he may HAVE to kill people.
So...we are defending our nation by going over to another territory we have no jurisdiction over and shooting a bunch of civilians? Okay...

We should have a military, but it shouldn't step outside our borders unless there is agreement with the U.N.

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Spicy_ Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy.Wife.Student View Post
I actually spoke to a retired Navy about this once and he said that the way that African American people are still tormented in the military, he thinks it would only cause more chaos for LGBT people to be allowed in. It's just such a shame that it has to be that way.

I really agree. LGBT is almost like saying the Japanese or the blacks couldn't serve in the military. If the blacks or Japanese were eventually allowed to enter the military, so should LGBT. There is no difference, we won't fight differently..etc

PM/VM
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post

Well, there's the fact that the brain isn't fully developed at 18. Particularly with males, the area of the brain that determines risk isn't fully developed until several years later than that (mid 20s if I recall correctly). That's why teenagers are a lot more likely to do risky things than adults are. I wouldn't want people who are going to put their lives and other people's lives at risk being in the army. But that's really got nothing to do with this topic.

I don't see why LGBT people shouldn't be allowed to serve in the army. I agree with Fictional that I'm iffy about teenagers being in the army in general, but there's no reason why gender or sexual orientation should be a decider.
What is the drinking age over there? Booze messes with the brain like a lot right?
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Anomaly Offline
Penguins love you
I can't get enough

Points: 48,157, Level: 31 Points: 48,157, Level: 31 Points: 48,157, Level: 31

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 02:04 PM

I think people from the LGBT community should be able to serve in the military. Theres not anything physically or mentally wrong with the people of the LGBT community so why should we not be able to serve our country. I thought that was what the military was about putting aside peoples differnces and fighting for the greater good.
'
Somebody brought up to me once they don't they should because the same sex lives with each other and showers with each other all that stuff, and they don't want somebody that's gay watching them take a shower for example. I think thats a bunch of crap as well. People need to stop being so full of themselves. That comes from the stupid thought that just because your gay your going to like every single guy or just because your a lesbian means your going to like every single female. Which is obivoulsly false.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Points: 20,821, Level: 20 Points: 20,821, Level: 20 Points: 20,821, Level: 20

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 04:04 PM

No person should be barred from serving in the armed forces on a basis of race, gender, original place of origin (as long as they are a citizen) or sexual orientation. So what if you are LGBT? Does that mean that you can't be just as good with a gun than anyone else? Hell no. If they want to serve, let them serve. And make it policy that any officer who harasses a LGBT soldier can be stripped of rank or otherwise punished for their actions.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 04:30 PM

I honestly don't think it should be able to open. Not because I think the idea is ridiculous, but because I think it would distract gay and straight militants alike. However, I think the decision should be up to the military and the people in the military since they'd be the ones to deal with it.

"Daniel broke the kings decree, Peter stepped from the ship to the sea, there was hope for Job like a cut down tree... I hope that there's such hope for me... Blind as I've become, I used to wonder where you were. These days I can't find where You're not. Mine's been a yard carefully surface tended, foxes burrowed underground. Gardening so highly self-recommended, what could I have done but let You down? The sun and the moon, I want to see both worlds as one." -Aaron Weiss, mewithoutYou
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 04:42 PM

I've always held the view that a person's fitness to serve in the Armed Forces should be based upon their physical fitness to serve in the role, their ability to carry out their role and their dedication to protecting their country and abiding by the rules of engagement and applicable laws. Factors such as gender, religion, political views or sexuality are to my mind irrelevant so long as they do not encourage discrimination within the ranks or encourage illegal conduct (such as extremist views promoting violence against certain groups). On that basis, I see no coherent logical reason why LGBT persons should not be allowed to serve in the Armed Forces. The ban in the US seems to be based solely on appeasing deep-rooted prejudice, and I can assure you that repealing such restrictions has had no impact whatsoever on the Armed Forces here in the UK. It's practically a non-issue for most people.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 06:06 PM

I think gays should be allowed to serve openly in the military, and I believe one of the main points that is deterring some people from wanting this is the "invasion of sexual privacy." However, members of the LGBT community have morals too. If they're half-decent, they're not going to force their sexuality on you if you do not want it, and they are not going to watch you get changed or the like. If they're truly dedicated to defending their country, they wouldn't risk their position by doing any of these things anyway. If this happens, it just means that the culprit was indecent and probably should not be welcomed into the military at any rate.

I also see sexuality as rather irrelevant to the military. The reason I want it repealed is more so that LGBT members cannot be kicked out if they're discovered, not so they can go around proclaiming their sexuality to all of their comrades. I don't see why it matters what someone's sexuality is -- gay, straight, or otherwise. The goal of the military is to defend your country ultimately, and I don't see the point of dwelling on it.
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Points: 16,164, Level: 18 Points: 16,164, Level: 18 Points: 16,164, Level: 18

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewithYou View Post
I honestly don't think it should be able to open. Not because I think the idea is ridiculous, but because I think it would distract gay and straight militants alike. However, I think the decision should be up to the military and the people in the military since they'd be the ones to deal with it.

Should we be more like China, Iran, and Saudi Arabia?

Or like UK, Germany, or Sweden?

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Kaydea Offline
Dreamer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaydea

Points: 8,637, Level: 13 Points: 8,637, Level: 13 Points: 8,637, Level: 13

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 07:42 PM

I was under the impression that they had gotten rid of the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy... And that any sexual preference could now openly serve?
That's what my recruiter told me?
O_O

My Friends Say the Darndest Things

"I'm so wary right now that I'm slightly levitating!"
"Levitating?! DID YOU BUY CRISS ANGEL'S SELL-OUT KIT?!"
-
SirNavi AND Myself

"...i can go frolic freely with the leprechauns..."

-
SirNavi

"If Santa can squeeze through chimneys,
then Santa's spawn can squeeze through a urethra."

-Myself

"Are you suggesting later would be a good time to cadoodle?"
-Damien

(#28 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
What is the drinking age over there? Booze messes with the brain like a lot right?
The legal drinking age is 18, but I don't really see what your point is. I'm pretty sure if a member of the army turned up to work drunk, they would be in a lot of trouble and would, at the very least, be sent home for the day.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post

The legal drinking age is 18, but I don't really see what your point is. I'm pretty sure if a member of the army turned up to work drunk, they would be in a lot of trouble and would, at the very least, be sent home for the day.
You said that you were not for teens serving based on the fact that their brains are not fully developed and they take more risks than older adults. Does booze mess with your brain? If so then why let an 18 year old drink which can be risky yet they can not fight to protect others?
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Points: 34,930, Level: 26 Points: 34,930, Level: 26 Points: 34,930, Level: 26

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 10:09 PM

Honestly, isn't it more dangerous for LGBT to be open gay in the military?

Though, sexual orientation is a ridiculous reason to keep someone from serving their country.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
You said that you were not for teens serving based on the fact that their brains are not fully developed and they take more risks than older adults. Does booze mess with your brain? If so then why let an 18 year old drink which can be risky yet they can not fight to protect others?
I don't believe I ever said that I support the legal drinking age. Personally, I don't think teenagers should be drinking either. But this debate isn't about that.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 10:48 PM

I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be allowed in the army. I just don't get it. What the hell has it got to do with anything.

Extra training? For what... exactly?
Invasion of privacy? Ok... I don't know the details, but I DO know, there are both men and women in the army, SO... from that angle I don't see any difference.

Actually I get it now, but it took an hour of my philosophy. They are trying to increase the gene pool of LGBTs in the general population by not sending them to war. Makes perfect sense. Perhaps they are trying to stem the population growth in the long term to reduce the public demands on the government?

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by NonIndigenous; December 13th 2010 at 12:31 AM.
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 10:53 PM

One of the biggest problems could be they do not want them to be shot on purpose by friendly fire.
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
Visionary
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Matt

Points: 12,802, Level: 16 Points: 12,802, Level: 16 Points: 12,802, Level: 16

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 12th 2010, 11:51 PM

I am quite Liberal and I very much want advancements in equal rights, but I can see a positive aspect here.
We are keeping people out of a war of complete bullshit.

One million miles away...
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Will

Points: 16,580, Level: 18 Points: 16,580, Level: 18 Points: 16,580, Level: 18

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 13th 2010, 12:07 AM

My personal opinion? A homosexual can shoot a rifle just as straight as a heterosexual. It is stupid to discriminate against people based on what they do form the comfort of their own sex swing.

"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"

"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
Follow me and my new book on Facebook!
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 13th 2010, 04:49 PM

As long as you're in the military, it's not gay.
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 14th 2010, 08:12 AM

As a general reply, to save time in replying to each question individually, as they were all generally the same.

It diminishes the outward appearance of our military as a powerful force, this looks scary,

NOT THIS,

....no way am I posting that, just google image "gay parade" and you will see what I mean...

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Points: 38,917, Level: 28 Points: 38,917, Level: 28 Points: 38,917, Level: 28

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 14th 2010, 09:07 AM

Actually Guile does have a point. I don't think it outweighs the rights of gay people or that its useful to have more potential troops, but its a fair point. Although I doubt gay people will be wearing rainbow uniform or anything, its more the reputation I think. Its one of the problems women are facing in the army. They just aren't intimidating or scary to any degree. Sure they can, mostly, perform to the same average as men can, but they don't have any intimidation/fear factor.

I think, when considering the upsides/downsides, they should be allowed in, but you DO have to recognise the possible negative consequences.

Last edited by forfrosne; December 14th 2010 at 09:13 AM.
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
Spicy_ Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 14th 2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
It diminishes the outward appearance of our military as a powerful force, this looks scary,
....no way am I posting that, just google image "gay parade" and you will see what I mean...
How does a gay parade have to do with this? Do you honestly think were going to full around and parade around in tights? You got that all wrong buddy. I bet LGBT can shoot a rifle just as a good as a straight. Why are you guys (senators included) so against this? It's not like were going to *ape someone or such? You guys dont know and don't bother to know that WE CAN AND WILL FIGHT AS GOOD AS YOU GUYS. You guys say it run the risk of sexual privacy? What about when a male and female hook up in the military? Its all g, but when its a guy and guy then its wrong and both of them get discharged?

This is all following how you guys felt about the blacks in the military in ww2, soon you guys will wake up and see our points, and you guys will see us prosper just like blacks in ww2.

PM/VM
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
Spicy_ Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Should LGBT Teens be able to openly serve in the military? - December 14th 2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
intimidating or scary to any degree. Sure they can, mostly, perform to the same average as men can, but they don't have any intimidation/fear factor.

buddy, trust me, there are lotts of current military soldiers who ARENT SCARY AT ALL!

PM/VM
Closed Thread