TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
chook14 Offline
♪ itchin' on a photograph ♫
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ella

Points: 11,861, Level: 15 Points: 11,861, Level: 15 Points: 11,861, Level: 15

Question guys, can you tell when a girl is a virgin? - August 18th 2011, 09:23 AM

does it actually feel different during sex?
My friend and I were discussing this today. Her boyfriend was a virgin before they had sex and he didn't tell her until after, but she said she had absolutley no idea. So I was wondering if this can work the other way. Not all girls bleed or experience a lot of pain their first time (I know I didn't)...so if a girl didn't tell you she was a virgin before sex, would you always be able to tell if she was?! (And bonus question if you're bored: Some guys seem really into virgins..is that just because of the whole 'innocence' thing, or do they actually feel tighter or something??! I never really understood that :P)
Thankies x

"He who does not weep, does not see" - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables.

<3
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
yoloyoloyolo Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: yo

Points: 11,686, Level: 15 Points: 11,686, Level: 15 Points: 11,686, Level: 15

Re: guys, can you tell when a girl is a virgin? - August 18th 2011, 01:34 PM

I've had mixed results. My past three girlfriends were all virgins, two of them were REALLY tight. Like, to the point where it took a while for me to fit. And I'm not like, huge or anything either. It was also incredibly painful for both of them. However, the second one could have told me she'd done it before, and I totally would have believed her. I think a lot of it has to do with how much the girl masturbates and how big she is (like, height and weight-wise), although I could be WAY off the mark on that one.

The reason why I say this is cause the two who were in pain never masturbated (at least that they told me) and they were both small girls (under 5' 1" and less than [Edit] lbs), while the other girl was roughly my size (5' 9" and X lbs) and apparently she masturbated... Often, shall we say.

Follow on Twitter @Thomas_TGT

TUMBLR: http://thomasdlesnick.tumblr.com
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/thomas.lesnick

I play in a new band called "The Gentlemen Thieves"
www.thegentlementhieves.com

YouTube: http://youtube.com/user/drumminggod91

"Let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic, and we will change the world." - Jack Layton

Last edited by Ryan1; August 18th 2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Weight numbers.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21

Re: guys, can you tell when a girl is a virgin? - August 18th 2011, 01:55 PM

Lol. I love Thomas' research. Awesome.

I've been with a few virgins. Some were tight and some weren't. Also had the same experience as Thomas. Most were really tight, making it uncomfortable for me and painful for her. Some were pretty okay with it and didn't seem that tight.

Comparing them to non-virgins with a fair bit of sexual experience, you can definitely tell the difference between a non-virgin and a virgin, unless the virgin uses something rather large during masturbating (though most of the girls I was with who were virgins and masturbated only used external stimulation).
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Points: 23,828, Level: 22 Points: 23,828, Level: 22 Points: 23,828, Level: 22

Re: guys, can you tell when a girl is a virgin? - August 18th 2011, 03:57 PM

It's likely they may be able to tell due to the inexperience.

From my personal experience and research, virgins may be tighter but that is no reason for people to choose their sexual partners. I've been practising my kegels and as of late my boyfriend has exclaimed on many occasions how tight I am, especially when I contract those muscles. Much different than when I began to have sex.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

Last edited by Angel; August 18th 2011 at 05:05 PM.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Points: 32,255, Level: 25 Points: 32,255, Level: 25 Points: 32,255, Level: 25

Re: guys, can you tell when a girl is a virgin? - August 18th 2011, 05:00 PM

I think guys would be able to tell by how the girl acts. If she's a virgin, sex the first time hurts, so she'd react in that way (besides being tight). Like I'm not a virgin, so it didn't take long to get my boyfriend in at all, whereas when I lost my virginity, it took like a half hour due to pain & tightness. Also, they might assume she's a virgin if she's inexperienced, but maybe some girls just suck at sex. Haha!

As for guys attracted to virgins, I don't think it's a trait guys seek out necessarily. Sure, maybe a guy would like to take a girl's virginity, but I don't think he'd complain too much if she wasn't one. That's how my boyfriend explained it anyways.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Ambiance Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 16,100, Level: 18 Points: 16,100, Level: 18 Points: 16,100, Level: 18

Re: guys, can you tell when a girl is a virgin? - August 18th 2011, 06:29 PM

I've met virgin-hunters before, and a.) It's creepy. they kind of gross me out. One friend claimed that it was because she had NO chance of having any STD's, but that's not even true, you can be born with things. b.) They might not be packin much.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
yoloyoloyolo Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: yo

Points: 11,686, Level: 15 Points: 11,686, Level: 15 Points: 11,686, Level: 15

Re: guys, can you tell when a girl is a virgin? - August 19th 2011, 02:10 AM

i would rather be with a girl who wasn't a virgin. i find that they are far too tentative in bed. :/

Follow on Twitter @Thomas_TGT

TUMBLR: http://thomasdlesnick.tumblr.com
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/thomas.lesnick

I play in a new band called "The Gentlemen Thieves"
www.thegentlementhieves.com

YouTube: http://youtube.com/user/drumminggod91

"Let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic, and we will change the world." - Jack Layton
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
reaching Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Emily Rose

Points: 8,171, Level: 13 Points: 8,171, Level: 13 Points: 8,171, Level: 13

Re: guys, can you tell when a girl is a virgin? - August 19th 2011, 04:50 AM

One of my guy friends once told me guys like virgins because, "the more innocent something is, the more entertaining it is to destroy it." I was a little bit freaked out by this because even though he didn't know it, I lost my virginity to a guy that definitely convinced me to have sex with him because I was underage and a virgin. I think they expect virgins to be like super tight, and I guess its true because it was the most painful thing I ever experienced
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Jaguar Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Stephen Davis

Points: 15,150, Level: 17 Points: 15,150, Level: 17 Points: 15,150, Level: 17

Re: guys, can you tell when a girl is a virgin? - August 19th 2011, 05:35 AM

Nope. All girls feel different so there's no way to say that a virgin feels any different than a non-virgin. The girls who were virgins I knew well enough to know they were. That's the only to know.

For what it's worth. With virgins it's longer before sex actually gets around to being good. It takes time usually. If I were going to go out with a girl I would prefer she wasn't a virgin.

What just happened?
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
chook14 Offline
♪ itchin' on a photograph ♫
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ella

Points: 11,861, Level: 15 Points: 11,861, Level: 15 Points: 11,861, Level: 15

Re: guys, can you tell when a girl is a virgin? - August 19th 2011, 02:31 PM

Thanks for all the answers! Thomas and Composure, both your answers made me laugh, nice researching :P I was thinking maybe it has something to do with age?! I didn't lose my V's till I was 18, and it didn't hurt much really apart from being a tad uncomfortable. I imagine it would be worse for younger girls who are still developing. I'm tall and slim, so maybe height is something as well, like thomas said. Dunno about weight though haha. (I wonder if any scientist has actually studied this...that would be very creepy). A few of my guy friends have said they'd like to take a girls virginity, but not necessarily date a virgin. So more like a one time thing I guess :P

"He who does not weep, does not see" - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables.

<3
Closed Thread