TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#161 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42

Re: Corona Virus. - April 28th 2020, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post
I really hope this lockdown ends soon. After being at university for 3 years, then coming home and at least having freedom to come and go, straight into this. It's actually getting to become quite isolating.

I think I've just grown used to being able to have my freedom and being around other people that now it's getting rather lonely. It doesn't help that I started working out at university and now I can't do that because my gym is closed. I'm struggling to motivate myself to exercise at home because my living environment is so cluttered I barely have space to move. Alongside this, I've started worrying about my weight more. My family doesn't exactly eat healthily and I struggle to sit still for long periods of time and it's incredibly difficult not to eat out of boredom.

I've been trying to go out and do the shopping when we need it just so I can go for a walk and get exercise that way, but coming from 5 days of exercise a week to suddenly having to be stuck at home like this... it's getting very difficult.

My family have already had a huge argument so there's a lot of tension in the house and there's no where to go to be away from it all.
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through at the moment. I can sympathise in regards to feeling frustrated due to not being able to go to the gym as often as we would like to. Before the gyms closed here, I paid to do my grading for Muay Thai and for me, I had a routine between going to martial arts classes and the gym after work. Now, I can't anymore until the restrictions are lifted.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#162 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59

Re: Corona Virus. - April 28th 2020, 07:21 AM

Cases are trending down here now and our governor is talking about reopening things if that trend continues,

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#163 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - April 29th 2020, 05:35 AM

They are slowly lifting restrictions over here too. But I think they are waiting until June to fully life the restrictions if the current tread continues.

(#164 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59

Re: Corona Virus. - April 29th 2020, 04:47 PM

I told my professor that I hope that we start opening for my birthday on June 3rd and she was like "Maybe June 3rd of next year"

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#165 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: Corona Virus. - April 29th 2020, 09:20 PM

Originally, the UK hoped that we could keep deaths below 20,000 but we just past 26,000. I try not to watch the news too much because it just gets depressing and I'm already noticing my mental health declining slightly. The good thing though is that I've realised things I've taken for granted or never did out of fear and now I realise how much I've missed out and definitely want to change that when this is over!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#166 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,047, Level: 23 Points: 26,047, Level: 23 Points: 26,047, Level: 23

Re: Corona Virus. - April 30th 2020, 05:09 AM

Numbers go up, but I'm dissociating more and not following it. Like 10,000 known cases. Can't do anything. I'm powerless to do anything more than I already am. They're lifting restrictions, and the stay at home order ends in a week. Not sure they will extend again. I've already prepared for the worst.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.
  (#167 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
I've been here a while

Name: Lucy

Points: 20,816, Level: 20 Points: 20,816, Level: 20 Points: 20,816, Level: 20

Re: Corona Virus. - May 2nd 2020, 05:48 PM

My bf is going to work a couple of hours monday!
He's so happy

private message & visitor message
I'm here for you, if you need to talk.

“I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.”
Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls
  (#168 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - May 3rd 2020, 06:25 AM

On Friday, the government over here is going to notify us when they are planning to ease restrictions.

(#169 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Corona Virus. - May 4th 2020, 01:18 AM

I had an email the other day saying I was to be sent a document that included a 'take it or leave it' situation. Either I sign to agree to a 20% reduced hours with 20% pay cut, or my contract with the company is terminated. I'm already on furlough at 80% pay, so this means even less money.

I understand why I'm going to be paid less, but personally I'd have rather my gym just waive all monthly rent payments we have to make in order to operate as self-employed there. I expect there's a lot of of reasons why it's not possible, but I still wish the circumstances were different.

Naturally I've had to sign the document because I worked so hard to get to where I am now, but knowing I'm going to be getting even less money is hard.

The reduced hours are supposed to start either this week or the next, and we'll be required to work from home doing training. I'm not really sure what they expect us to do working from home, though I'm going to assume it's training in terms of preparing us for returning to the gym.

I just hope this lockdown eases soon.
  (#170 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 4th 2020, 02:09 AM

A lot of states in the USA opened this past Friday. Some are planning on opening even more on Monday, I believe. I think things are gonna get bad in the USA. A lot of people aren't taking this serious. They think it's a hoax and because of that I think a lot of people are going to get sick.

What sucks even worse is that my Govenor is trying to get this under control but he cannot stop travel to and from the states that are opening up so I could see it spreading here all over again. I kind of feel like 2020 is gonna be a really sad and scary year. Hoping for the best with 2021.
  (#171 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 5th 2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
Yeah, there were people over here gathered in a huge group in front of the statehouse demanding that governor reopen the state. I don't understand people sometimes. I just want everyone to stay put so that we can put a stop to this.

~Kylie

Yeah, the selfishness of some of these people is astounding.
  (#172 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Re: Corona Virus. - May 5th 2020, 07:02 PM

My uncle goes back to work tomorrow. He's the most at risk in the family because he has asthma.
  (#173 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - May 5th 2020, 10:17 PM

State starts reopening this Friday. About 12,500 cases now. It's about to get so much worse. I'm preparing for the worst... because it likely will happen now.

(#174 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: Corona Virus. - May 6th 2020, 05:36 PM

There's talks of potentially opening schools in June (nothing certain yet) but equally the UK is supposedly to have the highest number of deaths from coronavirus in Europe. The lockdown is frustrating but I'm not sure opening schools, even in a staged way, is a very good idea.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#175 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 6th 2020, 08:38 PM

We had the highest number of COVID-19 related deaths in a single day for my state on the eve of the state opening again. Cases keep rising. An article came out revealing that my Governor actually said on tape that there were going to be deaths. They don't give a shit about preserving human life, like other countries seem to. It's all about the economy and lining the pockets of the wealthy. I am so angry about it.
  (#176 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 7th 2020, 12:26 AM

A city close to me has opened. Defying the Governors order. They will not enforce sheltering in place. People are supposed to practice social distancing and some businesses are requiring masks. People from all over my County and in two to three weeks there is going to be a rise in cases. I am starting to think that a lot of people are 1) going to die and people aren't gonna care because it's "just the flu and that mutates every year."
  (#177 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount57

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 7th 2020, 03:14 PM

I was initially frustrated that we didn't close as fast as some other states, but I'm actually pretty happy with how our governor is handling things now. Schools are closed for the rest of the school year and as of right now we're still being told to stay home. According to some survey, 85% of our residents support extending the lockdown, too, so I think that's a good sign. Hoping the protesters don't mess things up!

As for other states and countries, I personally think it's too early to be easing restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post
My uncle goes back to work tomorrow. He's the most at risk in the family because he has asthma.
Thinking of you and your uncle! I hope you all stay well.
  (#178 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 7th 2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
We had the highest number of COVID-19 related deaths in a single day for my state on the eve of the state opening again. Cases keep rising. An article came out revealing that my Governor actually said on tape that there were going to be deaths. They don't give a shit about preserving human life, like other countries seem to. It's all about the economy and lining the pockets of the wealthy. I am so angry about it.
I heard the comment the governor of your state made. How freaking insensitive of them to say something like that. Money matters more than human lives? Are you freaking kidding me?!

I am glad the governor of our state is handling things appropriately. I don't think we'll be reopening on the date he said we would, which is about a week and half from now.

What baffles me is that there are Corona cases on the offshore settlements and I'm just like... ferries are still running during this time? Ugh. At least it's very, very low compared to other areas.
  (#179 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - May 8th 2020, 11:06 AM

They are slowly easing more restrictions here.

(#180 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 8th 2020, 06:39 PM

I'm feeling really paranoid about the virus. I had a medical appointment today. I took a rideshare to get there and back home and I felt gross about it, especially because one of the drivers wasn't wearing a mask. I also felt like the building my appointment was in was full of contamination. I know they probably sanitize everything very well, and they have a coronavirus check-in point before you can even enter the building, but I feel anxious about being in medical spaces. At least everyone at the doctor's office was wearing masks.
  (#181 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - May 8th 2020, 07:11 PM

My state is reopening this evening. Cases are way on the rise. I might have to work monday, as high risk person. Or take unpaid ADA leave. Would be nice to know.

(#182 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - May 9th 2020, 07:20 AM

I went to the shops today and since the government has started to lift restrictions, there were SO many people out today...the most I've seen for a long time. But stores were putting in place good hygiene and social distancing rules such as taking temperatures upon entry and limiting the amount of people that were allowed into the shops. But that didn't stop people from lining up and not maintaining the 1.5m rule. I had so many people standing so close to me when I was looking at the different products; so much so that I could smell their body odour.

(#183 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Corona Virus. - May 10th 2020, 07:55 PM

The UK have set out a conditional plan for easing lockdown today. But over the weekend there were hundreds of people in the parks again having picnics. The police have said there's not a whole lot they can do if people aren't listening. This is why the UK has the most deaths in Europe now...

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#184 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 11th 2020, 02:05 AM

No one is taking this seriously and no one has learned from history. This is similar to what happened in 1918 with the Spanish Flu. I don't think COVID 19 is as deadly but we have been taking precautions so who knows. I am just hoping I don't end up losing my job because we end up having to shelter in place longer.

I have heard that the heat might slow the spread of it but who knows.
  (#185 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: Corona Virus. - May 11th 2020, 02:26 AM

I leave my house about once a week (usually Saturday or Sunday) and take a walk around the block or in a straight line. Yesterday was very restless so I walked for over an hour with a mask on. I mentally surveyed what percentage were wearing a mask. I would say about 3 to 4 out of every 10. That's 30-40% which is scary.

2 weeks ago we had a barbecue in the backyard which was nice and today we went to an isolated beach which had people but we were able to spread out. That's the most I'm willing to do though. My residence used to have 5-7 staff and we are down to no staff and only the house manager who checks in once a week. When she checks in age sometimes brings her husband and toddler so we are basically quarantined with them too. But then her toddler has a babysitter and she shares the babysitter eith another family. It gets complicated because the house manager is an essential staff. If she can't work here, the house will close and the residents will have no where to go. But I never know what to tell people at work who see a toddler in the zoom video. My supervisor asked who the kid was and I almost wanted to lie and say that I live with my niece but I just said my friend's daughter instead. It gets tricky.
  (#186 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - May 11th 2020, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Radio Flyer~ View Post
I leave my house about once a week (usually Saturday or Sunday) and take a walk around the block or in a straight line. Yesterday was very restless so I walked for over an hour with a mask on. I mentally surveyed what percentage were wearing a mask. I would say about 3 to 4 out of every 10. That's 30-40% which is scary.

2 weeks ago we had a barbecue in the backyard which was nice and today we went to an isolated beach which had people but we were able to spread out. That's the most I'm willing to do though. My residence used to have 5-7 staff and we are down to no staff and only the house manager who checks in once a week. When she checks in age sometimes brings her husband and toddler so we are basically quarantined with them too. But then her toddler has a babysitter and she shares the babysitter eith another family. It gets complicated because the house manager is an essential staff. If she can't work here, the house will close and the residents will have no where to go. But I never know what to tell people at work who see a toddler in the zoom video. My supervisor asked who the kid was and I almost wanted to lie and say that I live with my niece but I just said my friend's daughter instead. It gets tricky.
I go for walks every day as well...I have to otherwise I'll go stir crazy.

(#187 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Re: Corona Virus. - May 15th 2020, 10:56 PM

My workplace recently emailed everyone about a potential opening date. This being July. At least it's something to look forward to, though I worry if we don't return in July, I'll end up feeling worse off due to the disappointment. I suppose I should just expect we won't be opening and that's it.

On the plus side, my focus between my jobs and my course learning isn't split. I've focused on enjoying more free time whilst putting a lot more focus into finishing my courses. This way, if/when I do go back, I can focus fully on one thing.
  (#188 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - May 17th 2020, 05:30 AM

For a long time, I've been OK with the Virus but this past weekend, I've been extremely anxious and paranoid about it. I don't know why I feel like this but I'm hoping this feeling won't last long.

(#189 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - May 17th 2020, 01:46 PM

18,000 confirmed cases in my state. Again, we only test those sick enough that they might need to be hospitalized. Infection rate is increasing as state reopens. Huge shock. No one follows social distancing, 5% of people wear masks total. I'm terrified I will have to return to work to die soon.

(#190 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount57

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 17th 2020, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigereyes View Post
18,000 confirmed cases in my state. Again, we only test those sick enough that they might need to be hospitalized. Infection rate is increasing as state reopens. Huge shock. No one follows social distancing, 5% of people wear masks total. I'm terrified I will have to return to work to die soon.
I'm so sorry to hear that you're dealing with this. That definitely sounds terrifying! Is there any way you can reach out to your work, let them know your situation, and request that they allow you to continue to work from home? Or are you not able to work at home? If you can perform your job at home, I feel like it would be really hard for them to argue with you given people have been working from home for a couple months already and you have medical conditions that make you vulnerable.

~Kylie
  (#191 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - May 18th 2020, 05:02 AM

Hopefully, there won't be a second wave here as restrictions slowly start to lift.

(#192 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
I've been here a while

Re: Corona Virus. - May 18th 2020, 05:21 PM

I'll start at the painting school 28/5

“I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.”
  (#193 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - May 18th 2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post

I'm so sorry to hear that you're dealing with this. That definitely sounds terrifying! Is there any way you can reach out to your work, let them know your situation, and request that they allow you to continue to work from home? Or are you not able to work at home? If you can perform your job at home, I feel like it would be really hard for them to argue with you given people have been working from home for a couple months already and you have medical conditions that make you vulnerable.

~Kylie
Thanks for the advice. There is no work to do from home due to the nature of my job. Also I work at a large university, so my boss and HR are limited in their ability to support me. I'm currently relying on "the generosity" of the US government to pay me (less than I was making at work, which was barely enough) to stay home. They can take it away at any point. I have minimal paid leave available and need each paycheck.

Up to 19,000 confirmed cases in my state. We could reopen further later this week.

(#194 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
I've been here a while

Re: Corona Virus. - May 19th 2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyne View Post
I'll start at the painting school 28/5
Bad news.. It's not opening up like it should.

(#195 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 19th 2020, 03:07 PM

I am hoping for the best with all the stuff reopening, My governor stated that different counties can move forward in reopening. He's still taking it slow. I agree with his stance to an extent because some counties were not hit as hard as others so it makes sense they could reopen. He said that the harder hit counties cannot open. I am still quite worried about a second wave. I know a second wave happened in 1918 and I believe it happened with H1N1. I know with the 1918 flu that the second wave was worse and that concerns me but I try really hard not to dwell on it. Wish the government cared more about it's people than the economy but I am also worried about the economy.
  (#196 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 107,427, Level: 46 Points: 107,427, Level: 46 Points: 107,427, Level: 46

Re: Corona Virus. - May 19th 2020, 04:56 PM

My governor gave us more days at home. I just want everyone to be okay and let us open up and go back to our lives.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#197 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - May 20th 2020, 05:46 AM

There are still a few positive cases where I live but only very little.

(#198 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 20th 2020, 01:33 PM

My state started the reopening process on Monday and there was a significant spike in new COVID-19 cases over 24 hours. I don't think we, or any other state in my country, should really be doing this right now. I wish our president or the government was more proactive when it comes to this pandemic.
  (#199 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount57

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 20th 2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyne View Post
Bad news.. It's not opening up like it should.
I'm really sorry to hear that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. View Post
I am hoping for the best with all the stuff reopening, My governor stated that different counties can move forward in reopening. He's still taking it slow. I agree with his stance to an extent because some counties were not hit as hard as others so it makes sense they could reopen. He said that the harder hit counties cannot open. I am still quite worried about a second wave. I know a second wave happened in 1918 and I believe it happened with H1N1. I know with the 1918 flu that the second wave was worse and that concerns me but I try really hard not to dwell on it. Wish the government cared more about it's people than the economy but I am also worried about the economy.
I agree, I think I'm in the same place. I'd really like to be able to begin reopening (and we are, slowly) and be able to get back to our lives, but I'm also worried about a second wave, especially since I have vulnerable people in my family. I am worried about the economy, though, and those who have lost their jobs. I definitely don't want this to go on forever.

~Kylie
  (#200 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
I've been here a while

Re: Corona Virus. - May 20th 2020, 08:25 PM

@amaranthus - yeah, it sucks

Closed Thread