TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
XY1194 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,065, Level: 13 Points: 8,065, Level: 13 Points: 8,065, Level: 13

I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 12th 2011, 07:34 PM

This is all still a surprise to me but I need to get this off my chest. This past spring I had my senior prom and afterward I ended up having sex with my date. I am white and she was Asian, we never dated before but we had known each other and she had asked me to take her. (Turns out she had had a real crush on me for a while and I didn't notice.) We didn't talk after that night and I didn't think much of it.

Fast forward to the other day, I'm looking through Facebook for this girl just to catch up, see how college is going and I don't see her. When I asked a female friend of hers she acted surprised that I didn't know and then dropped the bomb: she had gotten pregnant on prom night. I was shocked.
"Remember at graduation before the ceremony started, she threw up?" she asked.
"Yeah. I thought she was just nervous."
"No. She was pregnant. She said she was going to tell you then but she clearly didn't"

She then told me that after her parents, who were very strict and traditional, found out they sent her away to have the baby. She doesn't know where she went. I don't know what to do right now. I haven't told anyone else yet. Should I find her or wait for her to call?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 12th 2011, 08:13 PM

Since you couldn't find her via Facebook, and none of your mutual friends know where her location is, it's best to wait until she turns up again.

This could have happened to anyone, and I know it has come as a surprise, but the baby will be born, and she'll come back around for you to catch up with her and to find out why you were never informed of the pregnancy.

I know it's hard, but waiting would be best right now. When she's ready, she'll call you.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 12th 2011, 11:09 PM

I would suggest waiting as well.

If you want, either wait for her to call you, or you can see about getting in touch with her parents and talking with them (if you are wanting to be involved with the baby), to let them know you know and you want to be involved. The girl obviously didn't want you to know for some reason, so I would be cautious doing this, but you DO have a right to be involved and you had a right to know that she was pregnant.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Fill my heart with love.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ash

Points: 11,758, Level: 15 Points: 11,758, Level: 15 Points: 11,758, Level: 15

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 15th 2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
The girl obviously didn't want you to know for some reason
I'm going to have to disagree with this. We don't know what the girl was thinking or how she was feeling. She may not have had a chance (or means) to tell him before her parents made arrangements.

Although I do agree that you should just wait, as hard as that sounds. If you really can't help yourself, then, like Kelly said, you could always try calling her parents. Make sure that you are ready to step up before you do this though.
Also try talking to a trusted parent, guardian, teacher, counselor, etc. about the situation.
Good luck!

"When you've forgiven but you cant forget feels like your drowning but still got breath"

i love you.

YOU are beautiful no matter what and dont YOU forget it!!! <3

PM me if you need to talk!(:

(#5 (permalink)) Old
leavemealone Offline
I Still Miss You <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raewyn

Points: 10,040, Level: 14 Points: 10,040, Level: 14 Points: 10,040, Level: 14

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 15th 2011, 09:15 PM

It wouldn't hurt to try and find her, but if you cant I would just wait. There's not much you can do in this situation. I would want to know where my baby is too. Its scary. And don't think that the girl didn't want you to know. She probably did, but she just didn't want the burden to be put on you. Try contacting the parents, be respectful and just say that your concerned and you would like to find their daughter. I mean, Jesus, this isn't the 1900's anymore. A father has the right to know where his child is!

Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 16th 2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfallinginlove View Post

I'm going to have to disagree with this. We don't know what the girl was thinking or how she was feeling. She may not have had a chance (or means) to tell him before her parents made arrangements.

You're right. I was seeing it more as she was sent away to have the baby (when she was 8 or 9 months along), but didn't consider they could have sent her when she first found out.

BUT! Everything else I said, I still stand by.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
XY1194 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 18th 2011, 12:08 AM

Thanks for all the advice. It's really been killing me over what to do, I feel like I should say something to her parents but I feel they won't take kindly to me. since I'm white. Part of me even hopes that the baby isnt mine, but she was a virgin so that's impossible and I know this is a terrible thing to say. I hope I can get through this.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Points: 52,404, Level: 32 Points: 52,404, Level: 32 Points: 52,404, Level: 32

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 18th 2011, 12:12 AM

You will get through this! It might not be the easiest thing you've done, but you will get through it <3 You have every right to contact her parents and ask for more information. You could even write a formal letter if you want to avoid some confrontation (or e-mail even). Face-to-face might produce the best results though. I'm not sure, it really depends on the type of parents.

I wouldn't give up trying to find her. As hard as it may be to processes everything, accept what might have happened and move forward, if this was your child, you would definitely want to know/ decide what to do then. You definitely seem responsible-- and that's really fantastic.

Is there anything else we can do?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
XY1194 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 18th 2011, 12:33 AM

I guess all I can do is either nothing or find her. It's weird because she's the last girl you'd think would get pregnant in high school, even besides being Asian. I have to figure out where to go from here and tell someone about this. If not then I'm glad I have this forum.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 18th 2011, 02:14 AM

Ignore it, cut all ties, avoid the devil of child support! It's is so absurdly overpriced, make sure to avoid getting involved, and refuse to accept that the child is yours, make it as legally difficult for them to put anything on you!

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Will sterry

Points: 12,494, Level: 16 Points: 12,494, Level: 16 Points: 12,494, Level: 16

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 18th 2011, 01:02 PM

Dont pay a penny to the child
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marguerite

Points: 19,635, Level: 20 Points: 19,635, Level: 20 Points: 19,635, Level: 20

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 19th 2011, 10:26 AM

Some people (such as the OP) would care more about the fact that they are going to be a father, rather than if it's going to cost him anything.

This thread had nothing to do with money or child support. Nobody was asking him for it. He wasn't even asking about it. How screwed up does a person have to be to hear someone reaching out for help like this and immediately tell them to hold onto their wallets with dear life??

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 19th 2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
Some people (such as the OP) would care more about the fact that they are going to be a father, rather than if it's going to cost him anything.

This thread had nothing to do with money or child support. Nobody was asking him for it. He wasn't even asking about it. How screwed up does a person have to be to hear someone reaching out for help like this and immediately tell them to hold onto their wallets with dear life??
Becouse my future kids are not getting a single penny from me and i dont see why i should be there for them.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 19th 2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goblins Blade View Post
Becouse my future kids are not getting a single penny from me and i dont see why i should be there for them.
Then don't have any kids, ever, because that's a disgusting thing to say.
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marguerite

Points: 19,635, Level: 20 Points: 19,635, Level: 20 Points: 19,635, Level: 20

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 19th 2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goblins Blade View Post
You know, you are under no obligation to get some poor girl knocked up. How about you just plan to keep it wrapped instead of planning to be a shitty, absentee parent?

By the way, I hope your parents didn't feel the same way about you.

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 19th 2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloo View Post

Then don't have any kids, ever, because that's a disgusting thing to say.
Sorry but thats just my opinion on the matter.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Points: 23,828, Level: 22 Points: 23,828, Level: 22 Points: 23,828, Level: 22

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 19th 2011, 01:32 PM

Please let's not stray off topic. This thread is to give the user advice on his situation, not anything else.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

(#18 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 19th 2011, 03:57 PM

Personally, I would say that you should try and find her. If you want to be a part of the baby's life (which I think it sounds like you do) then don't just sit back and do nothing!

If, on the other hand, I've got it wrong, and you want nothing to do with the child, then just forget about it. But that sounds kind of harsh doesn't it?

Or you could wait a few months. It's possible that when she gives birth, she'll come and find you. Then you can make the choice of whether to be a dad or not.

It's totally up to you, but I personally think you should try to find her. It'd be nice, in her situation, to know that somebody cares

Best of luck whatever you do <3
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Points: 16,645, Level: 18 Points: 16,645, Level: 18 Points: 16,645, Level: 18

Re: I found out I got a girl pregnant on prom night - November 21st 2011, 12:51 AM

Honestly, I think the best thing to do is try searching facebook, and if she's of age now look in some phone books online phonebooks and wahtnot and try to find her. I mean give or take there'd be some time you'd never get to see your baby but at least you'd get to meet your child.

I mean give or take, if I read correctly it was her parents choice to send her away and not hers. Don't be too upset with her. I'm sure things will end up for the best either way.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Closed Thread